28

After a month and two weeks of avoiding Sirius, Remus and Peter, it was finally time for Christmas. Lorelai couldn't wait to see her mum again. The only problem was that Sirius would have to go home to his family. Lorelai didn't want to feel bad but she did because in the end his family were awful to him. Lorelai was boarding the train with Lily, James Mary and Marlene.
"I can't wait to be at home." Marlene sighed.
"Same, I can't wait for my mum's mince pies." Mary agreed. "They're the best."
"Nothing can beat my mum's Christmas cake."
James marvelled.
"I'm excited for carol singer with my parents and Petunia."Lily babbled. "What about you Lorelai?"
"I'm excited to see my mum." She replied bluntly. The four girls and James boarded the train.
"Mary come with me." Marlene demanded her friend. She took Mary's wrist and led her somewhere.
"Let's go find a compartment." Lily suggested. Lorelai nodded, the three spent fifteen minutes looking for an empty train carriage but had no luck. Lily stopped outside one of the compartments. Lorelai and James were more hesitant.
"No, I'd rather sit in the corridor." Lorelai refused.
"I'm sitting where Lory's sitting." James agreed with Lorelai.
"This is the only free compartment." Lily argued. Lorelai felt the Deja Vu from three months ago. James had said those exact lines to Sirius. Tears filled Lorelai's eyes at the thought.
"I'm sorry but I can't." She mumbled and made her way to the bathroom.

Lorelai was standing in front of the blue painted door of her house in Peckham. She was carrying her trunk one hand and violently trying to open the door with her keys in the other. Eventually she gave up, she was too stressed out. The girl had her spent the rest of the train ride in a compartment of third year Hufflepuff's. They were nice and welcoming but Lorelai would much rather be with her friends. That's when she remembered she only had two friends now, James and Lily.
"Jesus Christ, Amanda." She heard s voice cry out from the other side of the door. "I thought you weren't going to back until-"
The woman stopped when she opened the door to see her granddaughter.
"Hey Nan." Lorelai smiled.
"Oh Lorelai, come here." Millicent instructed her. Lorelai dropped her trunk and let her grandmother embrace her in a tight hug.
"I'm guessing mum's at work." Lorelai mumbled.
"I'm sorry Love." Millicent apologised, letting go of the girl. "She wanted to be here, she really did but she was called in. She told me to tell you to call her as soon as you got home though."
Lorelai nodded and hauled her trunk into the building. She sat down on the sofa, that was half broke, and picked the phone up from the table next to her. She span the dial to put in the number if the hospital and let it ring.
"St. Thomas' hospital, Teresa speaking." A woman's voice crackled from the other side of the line.
"Hi Teresa, it's Lory." The teen told her. Her nan came in with two cups of tea. "Please can I speak to my mum."