𝟏𝟏 ༊*·˚

⊰ ♛ ⊱

⊰ ♛ ⊱

'You will always be
my favorite form of loving'

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ 3rd pov ☽

"Y/n, I like you too"
She said in a heartbeat.

The knight's stare abruptly focused on her. They felt like they could melt into a puddle of feelings right then and there. The words had come as a surprise and it felt like a million flowers were blossoming on their inside, like spring bloomed on their heart.

"Please say something"
Niki chuckled softly still anxious to know their thoughts, to know how it made them feel.

But the problem was that y/n couldn't think of anything to say. Those were feelings they couldn't verbalize.
They kept staring at her in awe.

The princess started to fidget and wondered why weren't they saying anything, why?

Y/n walked towards her and wrapped their arms around the princess. And once she was in their arms they didn't want to let go. Not now. Not never.

They heard Niki sigh in relief and return the embrace. Her heart was beating at a fast pace but so was theirs.

Techno was right, Niki was talking about them that night, and they never thought they would be so happy to say that he was right.

And as they were hugging her, the touch, the scene, all of it, felt so familiar, as if they had already loved her in another lifetime, a different place, or some other existence. It felt so familiar and that awoke another million butterflies. Holding her and hearing her made spring flourish inside them.

"Promise me you'll never let me go"
She murmured against their shoulder.

"Wasn't planning on it"
They tighten their embrace on her.

And that was it. All of the words they both needed to hear for the knight to go and sleep just so that both would dream about each other.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ time skip ☽

The next day was spent in pure bliss.
Niki and y/n held each others' hand every chance they got. They would so often exchange glances and blush when their eyes met.

Niki and y/n were now spending time with Tommy, Wilbur and Techno.
If ecstasy was a scenario and not a mere word, this would be it.

The sky was a beautiful shade of soft blue, perfect even, not too bright but neither too gray.
Niki rested her head on y/n's shoulder and the knight just let the simple gesture consume them whole, they gave in so easily to her touch.
Will laid in the grass, techno supported his weight on his arms and Tommy sat crossed leg.

The group just sat in the grass and enjoyed the comforting silence.
Well, more like enjoyed the silence. It didn't pass long until Tommy spoke up.

"I want to stab shit"
He said abruptly.

They all started at him in disbelief.
Techno just sighed and handed him a dagger he casually happened to have.

"Just don't kill anything kid"
He said in a monotone voice to then go back to stare into the distance.

Tommy left satisfied with the dagger.

The silence came back but it now felt more like they were trying to find the right words to stay in respect of Techno giving Tommy a dagger.
The oldest prince seemed to also second guess all his life choices.

"Shouldn't have done that"
He said while standing up in order to go find Tommy.

"You really shouldn't have."
Y/n sighed and gently stood up and helped Niki too.

Will inhaled and murmured a quick fuck before standing up seeing everyone was doing so.

"One day he'll get hurt for doing these type of stuff"
Wilbur said jokingly and started to walk in the direction Tommy wondered off to.

"Yes he will because I'll drop kick that child"
Techno said back following Wilbur.

The other three didn't know whether he was joking or not.

Niki and y/n walked close behind, hands intertwined with a matching hue of pink painted on their faces.

Both princes noticed their behaviors and exchanged smiles.
Now they only had to know who confessed first so they could know who won the bet.
Wilbur had said niki would confess first while Techno had said it would be y/n.

"TECHNOOOO"
The group heard Tommy yell and ran to where his voice came from.

When they got there they saw Tommy tangled up and laying between bushes.

"I'm stuck"
He whined.

"HOW DO YOU EVEN MANAGED TO GET IN THAT POSITION?!"
Wilbur yelled frustrated trying to hold back his laughter. As for y/n, they didn't try to hold it back. Heck they were even in tears of laughter, soon techno joined in while Niki and Wilbur tried to get Tommy out.

"It's not funny!"
Tommy kept yelling to the duo which only caused them to laugh more.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

A/N
I've been drinking a lot of coffee but that's okay
I actually wrote another chapter as you can see and I'm impressed by myself.
Remember to drink water and eat.
You are very important and sometimes you need to hear it. Be kind to yourself and remember it is okay to feel sad, just be sure you get enough rest 🤍
Lyrics at the top from "Cloud 9" by Beach Bunny.
Also I just wanted to thank you all for all the nice comments, they honestly mean so much to me and it makes me so freaking happy you guys are enjoying the book.
Enough ranting, go drink some water.