But.

"The secret is the broth, y'know." Naruto finally snapped, his eyes bearing into the ground. "I don't add too much toppings 'cause I want people to enjoy the warmth of the broth!"

There it is.

The spontaneous Uzumaki loud mouth. 

"Well then," I picked up my spoon first, catching everybody's attention, including Naruto's who just eyed me like I grew an extra head.

"I expect to be begging for more, y'know?" I smirked at him.

What the hell was I thinking?!

I think I flirted with him? I don't know! I just know that Shikaku-san suspected something about Naruto and me. He wouldn't leave me alone the entire time we were packing up to leave.

What have I done to myself?

I groaned loudly, my hands moving to cover my face. I could literally feel the heat dancing from my cheek to my palm.

Why does he still have so much control over me? He shouldn't have this control.

I'm stronger now.

He shouldn't -

My phone blared loudly on the glass coffee table in front of me, shocking me back to my present reality.

Sakura's name spread across the screen as I picked up the call. "Hello?"

"Is the youngest, greatest chef in the world down for some greasy, disgusting club food?" I could hear music in the background and a different voice echoing around the room.

I giggled. "I don't see why not. Which bar we meeting at?"

"Girl, what you mean meeting at?" Sakura suddenly piped up in my ear. "You're coming over to my place so Ino and I can doll-you-the-fuck up!"

"But -"

"Hina! Shh, nope. We haven't seen you in years! You are getting your ass over here and you are coming with us downtown to get shit-faced!" Ino screeched in a sing-song voice. 

Everything seems finalized and I know better than anyone to defy any of my girl-friends. They wouldn't hurt me, that much I'm sure of but if I don't go...

Rather.

That's not even an option.

"I'll be right over." 

* * *

Regardless of my profession, I am an introvert. The idea of going out to get drunk out of my mind has never been an appealing activity to me, but...

When your closest friends were the most popular gang of people to ever roam the University of Konoha, you really don't have much of a choice. 

I was the constant sober one, alongside Sasuke. He would take 3 shots max and would spend the rest of the night helping me drag our friends home one by one. That, or we stuff them in the closest living room we can find and kick them out in the morning. It's a very effective method actually.

Until the puke starts coming around. That's solely Sasuke's job. 

Now that we're a few years into our adulthood, I would think my friends would be more...mature when it came down to partying. I expected just simple hangouts at a nearby bar once a month; discussing about the going-ons in our lives.