SORTING CEREMONY

"Welcome to Hogwarts!in a few more minutes you will pass through these doors  and join ur class mates,but first you have to be sorted into your houses!"

"Gryffindor,
Slytherin,
Ravenclaw,
and Hufflepuff."

"Your house will be like your family, you will earn points,and get points taken off if you break rules. In the end of the year, someone wins the house cup."  The woman says. "Now, wait here." She then walks away. The pale blonde boy from Diagon Alley walks up to Harry and I, "So, it's true what they say. Harry and Amelia Potter have come to Hogwarts."

"Oh, this is Crabbe and this is Goyle," said the pale boy carelessly, noticing where Harry was looking. "And my name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

Ron gave a slight cough, which might have been hiding a snigger. The boy looked at him.

"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask who you are. You must be a Weasley, with your have red hair and freckles, having more children than they can afford." He turned back to Harry. "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He held out his hand to shake Harry's, but Harry didn't take it.

"I think we can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks," he said. I smirked, thinking, good one, Harry.

"I'd be careful if I were you, Potter," he said slowly to me. "Unless you're a bit politer you'll go the same way as your parents. They didn't know what was good for them, either. You hang around with riffraff like the Weasleys and that Hagrid, it'll rub off on you."

"At least now I know we won't end up like you." I snapped back.  He looked offended but walked back to his friends when the Professor lady walks back out.

"We are now ready. Follow me." We followed her into a large room filled with students and professors. There were four large tables and only one in the front.

"this is so cool!" I hear someone say to the person next to them. We all stared in awe.

"I read about this place," Hermione goes on next to me. "The roof is enchanted."

"of course she read about it." Ron muttered

"wait here," the lady orders. "Professor Dumbledore would like to say something."

The old man with a long beard, glass eyes, and blue robes stood up, that must be Dumbledore.

"For my first years, the dark forest is always off limits, it is forbidden." He speaks. "As is the third floor on the right, also off limits unless you want to die. A slow painful death. Thank you. Now welcome and enjoy the ceremony." There was a stool and a hat placed upon it, it gave a quick song where the older students sang along.

Once the song stopped, The Professor lady named Professor McGonagall held out a long roll of parchment. "When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said. "Abbott, Hannah!" A pink-faced girl with blonde pigtails stumbled out of line, put on the hat, which fell right down over her eyes, and sat down. A moment's pause — "HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat. The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit down at the Hufflepuff table.

"Bones, Susan!" "HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat again, and Susan scuttled off to sit next to Hannah.

"Boot, Terry!" "RAVENCLAW!" The table second clapped.

"Brocklehurst, Mandy" also was that Ravenclaw house, but "Brown, Lavender" became the first Gryffindor, and the table on the far left exploded with cheers.