『Beginning | Invitation』

Start from the beginning

ABA'S HOUSE | 19:15 PM

The kokotiam closed at 8 PM, but during weekdays Boboiboy would already be on his way home at 7 PM. As much as he would love to accompany his grandfather, school and homeworks exist. That's the usual routine.

"Ah, right. Can you buy some cooking oil and salts? we're almost out of those. But, be sure to change your clothes first. And don't forget to bring an umbrella with you, the weather forecast said it might be raining for the next few days. Also-"

It was also common for Boboiboy to buy some everyday necessities, especially cooking ingredients. That way, his grandfather can cook dinner immediately once he gets home.

What's not usual was his grandfather's last message.

"-there's a letter on top of your desk. You might not accept it's invitation, but you should at least give it a thought."

An invitation letter? from whom? Most people would be using electronic mail these days.

He got his answers as soon as  he found the white envelope sitting on top of his desk.

As soon as he sees the familiar seal.

The letter was from Rintis academy.

A top academy  in Malaysia, funded by the government, the school dedicates itself fully on training young determined teens into great future heroes.

Boboiboy can already guessed what the letter will be about, but he opens it anyway.

The letter was long but it was the expected stuff, they wrote about how corruption still exists in the world, of how the academy will be the shining light that purifies the evil darkness and all, and the letter ends with these words;

"We could sense a hidden potential inside you. Therefore, we would be honored to have you as a student in our academy. The academy shall train you to become the next top hero of the century and you shall become the new light of hope for the future generations. We patiently awaits for your reply.

Rintis Academy."

'Hidden potential' they said.

Boboiboy know better, had the writer been more honest in the letter it would've been written as 'you are the son of the no1 hero in the continent, therefore please join us.'

To be given an invitation letter from the best hero school in the whole country was his biggest dream as a child. 

Honestly, he doesn't know what to think. Of course he wouldn't accept the invitation, but there seems to ache in his heart at the thought, that feeling of uneasiness.

He stays still with the letter in hand for a few minutes until he puts it back on top of his desk, he then grabs his orange hoodie and wallet.

"We're out of cooking oil and salts."

He heads downstairs and to the front door, not forgetting to grab an umbrella along the way. A trip to the convenience store is still in order.

RINTIS CITY | 19.38 PM

"Why do I feel like something big is going to happen tonight?"

The stars in the sky tells him nothing.

"Perhaps it was just my imagination."

he continues walking, ignoring his previous words.

" After all, this isn't some sort of fiction story where sixth senses actually work-"

His words was cut when he felt his body collides with someone as he fell on his backwards. The person had seemingly also fell from the impact.

"-ow, sorry, are you okay?"

This wasn't even his fault, but he apologized anyway, forces of habit.

The other person was a young boy, probably younger than him (maybe about 7 or 8 years old?). He was covered in mud and rain but he could tell that his hair were bright colored blonde and the clothes the boy was wearing - what are those, hospital uniforms?

The boy didn't say anything, just breathless pants, he stared at him with his turquoise colored eyes. Is this kid a foreigner by any chance?

"Hey... are you okay?"

Boboiboy asks worryingly. This kid, why does he seems scared? as if he was being chased by something or someone.

It was silent. His worry grows, maybe he couldn't understand the language? maybe this kid lost his parents and is searching for them?

"Were you lost? I could take you to the nearby police station if you want-"

Suddenly the foreign kid shouted.

"No! you can't!"

Boboiboy's eyes widen in surprise not expecting the sudden interruption. So, he can understand him after all, and the boy also wasn't mute.

"What's wrong? you don't want the polices' help?"

 "If you do that they'll-"

The boy's words never finished as he fell slump forward, eyes closed.

Boboiboy inspects the now unconscious boy's figure. He was shivering and his clothes were wet from the rain, hypothermia? highly likely.

So now a foreign boy who probably ran away from some hospital is currently knocked out unconscious in front of him and is probably suffering from hypothermia out in the rain.

Normally he would've taken the boy to the nearest police station to warms him up there, and also asks them to find the kid's parents but the kid doesn't want the polices' help for whatever reasons.

...What should he do?

A/N

Hello.

Thank you for giving this story a chance, I really appreciate it.

I'm worried, when writing this I noticed I've misspelt lots of words and incorrect grammars. Is this chapter good enough to be published yet?

I am also sorry for being on indefinite hiatus for like, a year.

Can't guarantee I won't do it again.

Yes, Boboiboy was born with a quirk. He's not quirkless.

That's because I want him to have some mastery over the elemental power. At this point he had already unlock all 7 of the basic elementals.

Notice how I said "basic elementals"?

Yeah, I'm planning for it to be one of those stories where the MC unlocks a new power in every arc. In other words, if you want to see the second tiers, split and fusions you'll have to wait for a few more chapters.

Apparently in the draft version of the original Boboiboy series, tok Aba's kokotiam is supposed to be a cafe-house.

I wonder why they changed it. In this fanfic I'm using the draft, there's no particular reason, I just like that one better.

Adiós.