"Since when did you care about our feelings?'

"Don't say that. You know I've always cared for you, ever since you were small. I raised you myself, didn't I? Though maybe I didn't do such a good job, my little traitor."

Unknown remained silent, turning her gaze to the ceiling.

"I'm disappointed. You always had so much potential, maybe the most out of any of your siblings," he clicked his tongue, "Why would you throw it all away?"

"You hurt people. I don't want to be like you anymore."

"No, no, we hurt people. We hurt them because they're symptoms of a disease; we have to hurt them to help them in the long run. You know that, Unknown, you've always known that."

"...no... no, it's wrong."

"Who decides what's right and what's wrong? The world isn't so simple. There's no clear line between the two; there never has been. They call us villains because they don't understand our purpose, they say we're bad because we take lives, destroy things, fight for what we believe in, but they themselves are no different. Heroes kill like we do, destroy like we do, and just like us, they do it because of what they believe in. Our methods are the same, simply two sides of the same coin, yet they bash and criticize us," the Manager shook his head, drumming his fingers slowly against his knee. "I never thought you of all people would fall for their honeyed words, Unknown. I thought I raised you better than that."

"I wish you had killed me along with everyone else when you attacked my orphanage."

"Oh, but how could I? I was only there for you, after all. How could I let you get hurt?"

"...my life was over... the moment I met you."

"You're not acting like yourself, Unknown. Are you sure you're ok?"

"Please go away..."

"Well, that's up to you, isn't it? I only exist in your imagination, after all."

"Why me? Why couldn't you have taken someone else?! Anyone but me?!"

"Why? Because you were special, of course."

"I should have killed you when I had the chance!"

"Oh, Unknown, where would you be without me? Do you really think you can make it out there in the real world? Do you think you'll be able to live a normal life after this? Unknown, you seem to have forgotten everything I've taught you, so listen closely."

He rose to his feet, taking a step towards her.

"You can't do anything without me. You're nothing without me. You owe me so much, it's hard to even express, especially to such a stupid little girl."

Another step, and he grew closer.

"You only survive because I let you. You only exist because I allow it. Never forget that. No one out there would want you, a criminal, a murderer, a villain, but you already knew that, didn't you? I'm the only one who loves you, who really understands you, the only one who would take care of someone like you."

Another step, then another.

"Where will you go after they let you out? If they let you out? Where is there to run? There's no future for you, there's nothing for you anymore, is there? What was the purpose of all this, Unknown? This whole mess, all this trouble, and for what? Is this what you wanted? To be locked inside a little room for the rest of your life with nothing to do, no one to speak to?"