Chapter 53: My Wife is Weak Against Alcohol

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He stood by and waited for a while, after all, he didn't want to interrupt the man's work, and went straight to the kitchen to help.

Mrs. Zhang saw him coming and said with a smile: "Are you awake?"

"Yeah." Jian Qiaoxin was embarrassed when being greeted by her. After all, everyone would be a bit ashamed if they slept in until the sun rose up high in the day.

Mrs. Zhang turned over the food in the pot: "I have heard what happened yesterday. You are indeed frightened. It's better to sleep a little longer to rejuvenate your mind. I made chicken soup, you should drink some later. The old hen raised in the farm is very good for the body."

Jian Qiaoxin felt like adding more firewood: "Sister-in-law, you have good craftsmanship. Of course, I have to drink more. I'm no longer frightened, it's okay now. I feel ashamed for causing so much trouble for the family."

"What are you saying?" Mrs. Zhang added a bit of salt to the dish: "My family is under the care of you and Mr. Yan. My children are able to go to a good school, thanks to your reputation. It was thanks to your connection that my husband got his job. My father found out that he has esophageal cancer last year. If it weren't for Mr. Yan's connection to the hospital and invited a team of foreign experts, he might not be able to survive the end of the year. We are just normal people, we can't give much in return; as long as you and Mr. Yan ask for our help, we will assist all that we can."

Jian Qiaoxin's face got heated up from the fire of the stove, and he smiled: "We're all a family, there is no such thing as returning favors."

Mrs. Zhang also nodded agreeing, remembering when she saw Jian Qiaoxin for the first time, it was impossible to say that she was not feeling uneasy. Jian Qiaoxin was very handsome and good-looking, just as beautiful as the bamboo pavilions on the mountain, tall and elegant, very unique.

She was also afraid that celebrities like him will be arrogant and look down upon those who are from the countryside.

But after knowing each other for some time, she found that Jian Qiaoxin has a very good temper and a very gentle child. After knowing his life story, Mrs. Zhang's uneasiness was gone, and she also regarded Jian Qiaoxin as her family member.

The last dish was being put out of the pot, and Mrs. Zhang said, "The rice in the pot is also finished cooking, so we should be able to eat soon."

Jian Qiaoxin nodded: "I'll call Grandpa down."

He came out of the kitchen and went upstairs to call grandpa to come down and eat. The food on the table was very rich. When Yan Gan sat down, he found that all the dishes on his side were mainly light.

Yan Gan raised his eyebrows and glanced at Jian Qiaoxin.

Jian Qiaoxin explained: "I know you have a bad stomach, you can't eat spicy food."

Yan Gan played with the chopsticks in his hand: "I've troubled you for remembering this, next time just make whatever you want to eat, don't worry about me."

"Ok."

Jian Qiaoxin glanced at Yan Gan sideways, wondering if it was his illusion. He always felt that Yan Gan was not in a good mood after the meeting, but if Yan Gan didn't want him to know, he wouldn't be able to know it.

After placing the baby on one side, Mrs. Zhang said, "Ran Ran, he fell asleep."

This was originally the baby's full moon banquet, but today's main lead suddenly started to fall asleep.

Everyone was amused at this irony.

Yan Gan glanced sideways, his voice sounded lazily: "It's good that he is asleep. He would cry nonstop if he were to be awake."