1

Violet sat on the couch in the living room, phone in her hand, her brothers playing video games. She was looking on Instagram at her friends posts, when her dad came yelling at his phone.

"I am the biggest agent in Hollywood and you just pissed me off." He said and the curly haired girl noticed he has a game in his other hand.

"And now I'll pull Brad Pitt from your movie." He exclaimed again and she realized what game he had in his hand, Chutes and Ladders.

"I'll pull Julia Roberts from your movie. I don't care, Sandy. That's right, you better back down." He said and sat down. "Thank you. Have a good Fourth of July. All right, love you too."

He hung up and turned to the kids.

"What's up? Hey. Greggie, Keithie, you guys ever heard of a game called Chutes and Ladders?" He asked them, but they weren't listening. "Pretty awesome game. Violet and I used to play it before you were born."

Dad then proceed to tell them how to play it when Greg cut in. "Yeah, and what happens? The winner gets a training bra?" She rolled her eyes at him.

"Yeah, Dad, that game sounds like it sucks." Keithie added, Violet put my phone down and slapped him on the head.

"Don't be an ass, that game is cool." She told them and Dad continued.

"See, Vi agrees. It was the greatest game. Me and my buddies would play it. We go down in the basement, drink hot chocolate-"

Keithie cut him off.

"I wouldn't mind a hot chocolate right now. Hey Rita! Rita!" Keithie started yelling.

"Dude you gotta text her. She's doing laundry." Greg told him so he took his phone and started texting her. The phone started ringing but the daughter ignored it and went back to her phone.

"Hey Dad, we were at the Spielbergs' house yesterday. They have a 150-inch TV. Can we get one of those?" Greg asked Dad.

"When you direct E. T. I'll get you one of those." He then turned to the TV and looked at the game. "What's the object here? I don't get it."

"You're on a cruise ship and you chop people's heads off with a chain saw?" He asked Greg.

"Oh, and you can drown them, too." Keithie popped up.

"Oh, you can drown them. Now I get it." He said, "Can somebody answer the phone?"

"Maybe I should get some chamomile for my throat too." Keithie thought out loud.

"Stop texting Rita, that's gross." Vi said to him.

"Very gross. Just go down the hallway." Dad said to him.

"Why? You text everybody." He said back.

"I text people for my job, so I can make money to pay for your texting." Dad argued back. Then Rita came in with a trey.

"Okay, I got everything for you, guys." She handed the trey towards them, the boys took their hot chocolate while the girl took her water.

"Who was that on the phone, Rita?" Dad asked her. Violet got up and started going to her room to get a basketball. Just as she got back down she heard something outside.

"What the heck's going on out here?" Dad asked. Everyone went out after him and saw Becky get out the car.

"I didn't mean to. It was an accident." She said while Dad hugged her.

"I don't care. Are you all right? What the heck were you doing?" He asked her.

"I was trying to use the Navy." She replied.