Chaos Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

" Barbara."

" Y/N. It's been a long time."

I kept quiet, not knowing what to reply at her statement.

" I see you got yourself some fancy new gadgets."

" Something you're used to I'm sure." I said motioning my head to Batman.

" Who's Ninja-lady?" I asked.

" Cassandra Cain. Back when Gotham went through the Cataclysm, she helped us so she's a honorary member I guess."

" God. How many kids are you gonna get? I swear the cave will be an orphanage in 5 years."

Cassandra flinched at my statement which caught my attention. I looked over to her, as I tried to read her body movements.

" Don't take it personally. Orphan's kinda of her codename and uhh. . . She's not really a talker." Barbara whispered to me.

" Well that's something me and her have in common."

Dick then noticed me and walked up to me before landing his eyes on Talia. He looked over to me, seemingly surprised.

" Enjoyed the trip to Tibet?"

" Nothing you haven't seen I'm sure." I joked as I realized someone was missing. Someone who I've unknowingly been looking out for but never want to admit.

" Where's Raven?" I asked the room. Everyone looked at me before looking at each other. This gave me a bad feeling inside. None of the Titans seems to want to break the news, whatever it is to me.

" What happened?"

" Trigon, he took over her. Now he controls her. We'll get her back" Batman said sternly as he placed a hand on my shoulder. For a guy who doesn't really show any emotion, he's surprisingly good at reading it and showing it just enough to make someone feel better. I shook off the thought, getting my head back in the game.

" What's the game plan?" I asked, walking up to the table.

" Well unless all of you are mystics, we might have to wait awhile so I can prepare myself."

" Magic isn't the only answer. If we can get Raven back, we might have a chance to get him contained. She's done it before so she can do it again." Batman said as his eyes stayed on the holographic map.

" Provided she isn't rendered weak under Trigon's control."

"  You can transfer your energy to power her can you not Constantine?"

" Well that's the backup plan then. But still, I'll need time to get ready. Trigon isn't an easy opponent to take down."

" The more we wait, the more the demons take over the city and who knows where else they'll go." I said

" I'll send a message to the Justice League to keep watch over their respective area." Batman said as he walked away from the table.

I stood there still analyzing the map. It was showing a live view of what was happening. The demons were constantly circling the church. Their foothold in the city and where Trigon would be based on the general assumption. I gripped my duffel bag containing the Jian a little tighter as a thought of Raven being held against her own will flashed through my mind. Talia placed a hand on my shoulder to calm me down before walking off to presumably meet up with Batman, leaving just me and Constantine across each other from the table.

" How certain are you that you can bring Raven back once she's no longer under his control?"

" Odds' a tricky thing mate. . . You either can or you can't. There is no gray area."

" Just tell me if you can do it or not."

He looked at me. I was determined to get her back. Somehow it felt like I was responsible.

" Right now the most I can do is teleport us into the place, claw his daughter out of his grip, teleport us out of there and bring her back. After that, it's up to Raven."

" Then it'll be enough."

I headed to the tech room where I immediately started working on my armour, adding extra protection as well as a few new features. Updating the HUD in my helmet to show a live view of the city and electroshock to the brass knuckles fitted atop my gloves. As I was finishing up, I heard the demonic shrieks of the demons as they took the skies and buried deep inside my mind, I could picture the screams from Raven as she tried to fight back for control. I shut my eyes at the thought, clenching my fists.

I couldn't sit around and wait any longer. I immediately put on my gear, making sure I had everything I needed from my guns to the Jian and the dual katanas, before finally putting my helmet on. I threw on a hood to cover the very noticeable red paint of my helmet. I walked out, holding a rifle in my hand only to be stopped by Batman and the rest of the team at the balcony. I hoped he wouldn't try and stop me.

" If you're going to give me a speech about waiting, don't. I'm done waiting around, letting him torture her for his own amusement. I'm taking him out with or without your help." I said turning around.

" I know whatever I say isn't going to stop you but if you're going in there, you better have a plan and if you do have a plan, you better spill it out right now because we're in this together, we always have been."

I turn back around surprised at his reply but grateful nonetheless.

"Constantine, Titans and I will teleport inside to find Raven. You guys  keep the ones outside busy. After getting Raven, we'll be out of there and then our focus will be on getting Raven back."

" I second that plan" Nightwing said stepping forward next to me. Batman gave me a nod as he walked closer to the two of us.

" Take care of each other in there. I can't afford to lose a son let alone two." He said to which we both nodded.

" I'm proud of the person you've become, the person you've both become." He finished off patting both our shoulders.

" After this is over, I think a proper reunion is in order back at the mansion eh?" Nightwing joked, nudging Batman in the arm. We all broke off into separate teams, following the plan.

[ Bruce ]

I watched as they teleported away with a proud look in my eyes but also a slight worry. Talia noticed this and did her best to comfort me.

" They'll be fine. They had a hell of a father figure."

" They've become better than me. But they can never know that, so that they'll continue to push themselves to the limits that I could never reach." I said as I took out my grapple and headed for the church. Talia, Barbara, Cass and Tim followed soon after as we prepared ourselves for a gruesome battle.

a/n the end is near. Thankful for support of everyone. i know the views aren't as much other writers but this is my highest view count by far so just wanted to say thanks!