𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Start from the beginning

Wait, did he just-

This mofo smooth af where did that come from.

You were unable to form words and started muttering gibberish.

"Fjdkefne..?" You stuttered confusingly. Honestly, you weren't even sure if what you just said was human speech.

Gyu gave a lighthearted laugh at your confusion which just made heat creep up your cheeks. He stepped closer to you until you were face to face with him. You looked into his hazel eyes, still unable to form words.

You could feel him place something familiar on your hand. It was cold, and the shape of the object definitely felt like you've held it for how many times in your life already. You slowly shifted your eyes away from his and looked at the object.

What...?

"It's me."

You couldn't bring yourself to look at him in the eye again. Your eyes were glued to the object in your hand.

Strawberry milk, and it was the brand you loved.

"It's you..."

Honestly, It all made sense now.

His fake crush on Ayasaki was predictable to you. You've known him long enough to at least know his type. You just assumed his practice confession was for someone else and he didn't want to disclose that information to you since he was embarrassed.

And not to mention the crinkly green sticky note he borrowed from Senku after class too. He was in a real hurry, you didn't even get to ask him what was up. And now you know the reason why. Hell, he almost made you believe that there was a chance Senku could've been your secret admirer.

"(Y/n)?" You snap out of your thoughts once you hear Gyu call out to you. The redhead before you wore a melancholic smile as if he already knew what was to come. And you couldn't be more than sorry for him. As if the world wanted to make the moment even more dramatic, droplets of rain started pouring down.

"I... I'm sor-"

"It's Senku isn't it?"

Your eyes widen, "Huh?"

This just earned a chuckle from him. "I figured as much, your eyes shine differently when you look at him." He explains as he looked away. Heat just rose to your cheeks again. It saddened Gyu that he wasn't the main reason why you were reacting this way. Deep down, he knew there was no way for you to like him back no matter how much strawberry milk it took.

Before he even came into the picture, you and Senku were already inseparable that it would be irrational to mess with that relationship. But he was a stupid guy in love, and we all know what love does. In Senku's words, "It messes with a person's rational thinking and makes them act recklessly, resulting in unwanted situations."

And as much as he couldn't agree less, he was willing to take the risk even if it meant his heart getting broken. And that's exactly what was going to happen.

"Gyu, you've been a great friend to me ever since we've met. But that's just it. I can't see you as more than a friend. Believe me when I say I did consider you as a possible crush at some point, but..." Your mind drifted to Senku, making you softly smile.

"There's already someone I care deeply about. As much as I know how much I'm gonna get hurt in the end, I can't help but care for him even though he cares more about science than his own health sometimes. I know it's foolish of me to even continue, but that's what love does right? It makes us do irrational things, no matter how stupid it may be. That's how you got the courage to confess, isn't it? You just went for it, because you're in love."

You rambled on, "Honestly, I admire you for being so courageous. I could barely get the confidence to admit I like him, let alone confess. For that, I commend you."

You finally raise your head to look at the redhead who was staring at you with an understanding look. He already saw this coming. And yet, why did he feel tears in his eyes.

He raised his head and looked at the sky, his eyes closed and trying to keep the tears from falling.

Why...

He already expected this outcome, so why was he upset? Maybe... deep inside, a small part of him was hoping that you reciprocated his feelings. That all his efforts didn't go to waste and that you actually liked him back.

But life had a way of slapping people in the face with the harsh truth. And the truth was you didn't like him the way he did with you. And he had to accept that fact.

He let the tears flow down his face as he looked up at the sky. He could feel the warm tears and the cold rain on his face and he let out his emotions.

And you let him.

You knew he needed time to compose himself. The best you could do was wait for him. And you did.

Gyu sighed, "Thank you for being straightforward with me." he finally started and wore his signature smile.

"I was worried you'd start feeling guilty because you would think all that milk I bought for you would go to waste if you didn't like me back. I don't want you to feel that way so thank you for being honest." He looks at you and the eyes and hesitates for a bit.

You get what he was trying to do and finally hugged him. "Thank you for understanding."

He smiles and hugs back.

"Anytime."

ーーー

lmao majority of y'all thought it was senku fkfjdd

idk if this was a good plot twist but idk i just planned this three chapters in and stuck with it :p

anyway, i wanna take this opportunity to thank y'all. like, seriously your comments give me a serotonin boost and I'm so glad that you enjoy my story. ok i don't usually do author's notes so imma end it here, love ya <33