till forever falls apart

Start from the beginning

"Alright. That's it then."

"Really?" His eyebrow perks up. I nod. "You're going to pick the one I like?"

"Of course," I smile. "That's why I asked you, dork"

For some reason those words hit him pretty hard. He runs his tongue over his bottom lip. I tilt my head and rest my hands on my hips.

"Now you're quiet."

"Well I just," his mouth twitches back and forth to hide his smile. "You're going to wear it... because I like it?"

"Yes."

"Okay," the small smile worms its way onto his face. He stands up off the wall. "I'm going to keep cooking."

"Do you want help?" I call after him. He waves away the request and wanders into the kitchen.

"I'm almost done."

I go back to the bathroom. The curling iron has finally heated up. While the hair twists around the rod, I stare at my reflection. I do look good. I look amazing. I love how the dress fits, it makes me feel like a sexy Disney villain. I grin childishly and do a little dance for myself in the mirror. And then my face suddenly falls and I stop.

This is the first time I've felt pretty, really pretty, in a long time. This is the first time I've felt pretty without having to think about it since that stupid tabloid cover.

I grin even wider.

I curl my entire head and lean over the sink to put on lipstick. I watch the makeup trace across my mouth, and I immediately think about Emma. I always think about her now when I do this. She was right, watching yourself apply lipstick makes you feel hot.

My next thought is of Harry in Mexico, watching me rub a strawberry over my lips like I used to when I was a kid. Strawberry lipstick. Come're, I wanna taste it.

I lean back and smack my lips together, my fingers fluffing through my hair. I hear him pad into the bedroom. The door creaks. "Time to get ready?"

"Yep," he calls back. I wander out of the bathroom and watch him dig through his closet. He pulls out a black suit jacket and I scoff, flopping back to sit on his bed. "What?" He glances back at me.

"Boring."

"I'll have you know I wore this to the premiere of a film I was in" he defends himself.

"So you're an outfit repeater."

"Well I don't want to outshine your dress, how about that," he throws the jacket at me. I catch it and smooth it out on the mattress next to me.

"Sure," I concede. "But you need to do something for me."

"What would that be," he hums to himself, lovingly running his hand down a pair of pants. I reach for my suitcase and pull out my travel jewelry case. He watches my hand fumble through the pieces. I know they're in here somewhere, Emma will be pissed if she finds out I lost them somewhere between London and LA. My hand touches a familiar smooth surface, and I pull out two dangling pearls.

"Wear these."

He smirks and slides them into his ears with ease. They sway with his head when he moves it. I fall back onto the bed and watch him change into his suit, propping myself up on my elbows. He shrugs on the jacket and walks to the bathroom to stare at himself in the mirror.

"You can keep them too. Emma made them for you."

"Really?" He calls from the bathroom. "That was nice of her."