Homecoming ball.

We are holding hands! We kissed. He likes me! Oh my... Our fingers are twined together as we walk from the garden to our chambers. 'Su' He says as we stop at the hallway branching off to my and Lucy's room, Peter and Ed's are on the other side. I feel a bit nervous standing in the middle of it, what as Peter sees us. 'I send him away, he is never welcome anymore at the council' His words hang in the air and it takes a second for me to understand he is talking about Lord Samuél. 'You did?' His brown eyes grow soft as he looks at me and a small smile appears on his lips. 'For you, yes. And I couldn't stand him anyway' I bow forward, giving him a quick kiss. His hand squeezes mine as a shiver goes through my entire body. 'What as Peter sees us' Caspian softly says and a look of panic flashes through his eyes. I cannot help it but giggle. 'Peter has a disorder called over-protectiveness'
'He just can't lose you and so can't I Su' Caspian kisses me again and releases my hand. 'Goodnight my love' His accent gives me shivers all over again. 'See you at breakfast' I whisper, smiling like a crazy-person.

I quickly tiptoe back to my room, open the door as soft as I can and fall down on my king-size bed.
I have to tell Lucy about this! But first I have to get out of this dress and I have to undo the corset myself as all the maids are sleeping and I don't want to wake them for something this stupid.
I wrestle a bit but I succeed, undressing myself. I slip into my nightgown and a robe made out of the softest silk I ever felt. Then I wash my face and undo my hair, brushing it quickly.
Call me stupid, but it seems my hair is longer already!
I open my door again and tiptoe to Lucy's room. I knock on her door and open it myself. Lucy is sitting on her bed, but when she sees me, she happily jumps off. ''Susan! Are you okay! Caspian has sent him away, that idiot of a lord! I was so worried about you!' She babbles worriedly. I make my way over to her and she embraces me tight. I smell her childish scent and kisses the top of her head. 'Yes, I am now Lu' I release my little sister and we sit down on her bed.
'So, Su. Where have you been?' Lucy says, trying to sound casual but she fails at doing so. I smile and she has to think I am crazy. 'Well. I sought sanctuary in the garden and Caspian found me there. We kissed kind off' Lucy's eyes grow like the size of tea cups and a big smile appears on her lips. 'I am so, so so happy for you!' Lucy squeals as she throws her arms around me once again. She releases me all too soon and claps her hands in excitement. 'O Su. You are perfect for one another. Caspian is sweet and brave and kind and you know what. Edmund told me that he was considering telling Caspian to man up and kiss you already!' She laughs.
By Aslan, I am so glad that that hasn't happened yet.

Suddenly Lucy's face lits up. 'I be right back!' As she slides off her bed and rushes out of her door into the hallway. After a couple of minutes, she is really fast, she is back. And holding an apple pie in her hands. Lucy bounces back on her bed and sets the pie in the middle between us. She hands me a spoon. 'I thought we had to celebrate'
'Good thinking Lu' I smirk as we both dug into the pie, eating and laughing. And I am so happy, my sorrow has lifted from my chest. I can breathe again.
And after the pie is eaten, Lucy and I lay down on her bed, covering ourself with the blankets. 'Tomorrow night is the ball' Lucy says tiredly. 'Let's make it a feast to remember' I yawn and soon my eyes flutter shut, dreaming about Caspian.

{}

'No'
'Please'
'No'
'Oh come on Edmund. Pleaase?'
'No Lu! I am not going. And I am not, repeat Not wearing that!' Edmund states angrily while he points at the royal blue dress shirt and the hideous Telmarine style of pants that is hanging on the back of the tailors cabinet. 'Ed, it is a ball in honor of our return' I say while I walk towards the changing screen in the corner. I take one look at my younger brother, who rolls his eyes at me. 'Ed. We have to go' I state while I disappear behind the changing screen. There is a beautiful dress made for me, decorated with jewels and the burgundy red screams just royalty. I let my hands slide over the silk fabric of the dress. Luckily mine and Lucy's dresses are made in the old Narnian style and I think Caspian is just trying to be funny and wants to joke on Edmund.

The queen of the Horn - A suspian fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara