˗ˋ 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE AGREES

. . .

"Absolutely not. No way. I'm not tutoring him."

Lupin couldn't say he didn't expect that reaction, their rivalry was more than obvious and not only had Erin ranted about it in her Defense Against the Dark Arts classes, Oliver had done so on several occassions.

(Professor Lupin had, admittedly, been rather intrigued when he heard about a certain slip of parchment bursting into flames after he read it, but couldn't pry into his students' personal lives for obvious reasons.)

"It would only be until he gets his grades up." Lupin waved his hand dismissively at her instant disagreement. " And he is in his seventh year, he doesnt have an extra years to catch up." 

Erin just raised her eyebrows, arm crossed across her chest. This fact didn't seem to phase her at all. "I don't see why I should be so bothered about him failing his N.E.W.Ts." She shrugged.

"Miss Tonks, you are by far one of the best students that I am currently teaching." Lupin encouraged. "It makes sense that I would ask you of all people could tutor him. I wholeheartedly believe that if you were to take your exams now then you could get an 'E' or 'O' easily."

"Professor I don't think you understand." Erin stood up, making herself seem taller. "There's a reason why I'm so focused on Quidditch this year and why I re-arranged the entire Slytherin team as well as making two alternate teams, no matter how much it's pissed everyone off. It is my last year to beat him." 

"Beat him? Not Gryffindor?" Erin almost swore when she realised just how much she had given up. This now had the potential to turn into a therpay session, and from the look on Lupin's face it seemed like it could be. "May I ask why that is?" The professor continued. 

"Because he's a complete arse who abandoned me just because I was sorted into Slytherin!" Erin burst out, deciding that she didn't need this at all. Her hair was slowly going bright red, flashing a warning sign. Lupin seemed most interested in it. "So I will not be tutoring him, many apologies."

She twisted around, pulling her bag strap further over her shoulders and stalking towards the door. Professor Lupin hadn't even commented on her language, instead waiting until she was half way out of the classroom.

"How about I trade you for it." He offered.

Erin stopped in her tracks, hair midway between red and the usual dark brown.

She didn't even know what the trade would be yet - it wouldn't be anything big that was for sure - but it could definitely be useful. Slowly, fingers knotting together, she turned to face the teacher, closing the door behind her and taking a couple of short strides over to the nearest desk to her.

"What for?" The Tonks girl asked. The idea of it had garnered her interest, and Lupin could see it. 

"You can zone out about Quidditch all you want - hell, you could plan whatever strategies you want, or whatever you Quidditch captains do." 

"I'm interested."

It was a good starting offer, but Erin pretty much did that anyway. Having express permission to do so was a different idea though.