chapter 19

It had been a week since Louis had tried to talk to Millie. He had no luck. She would lock her door before he could even talk to her. I was overwhelmed. I felt like I was going in circles. Like I was trapped in a box with no escape. I spent most of the week in bed, not able to move or get dressed. I had the effort for nothing. I was numb.

Please come back to me. I miss you Millie.

I woke up at 8am, it was a very restless night. I spent most of the night worrying and crying as I felt like I had lost her forever. I was finally abel to sleep as my body just shut down. It had been 2 hours since I woke up and i still had to find the strength to get out of bed. Even the though of climbing out of bed exhausted me. I heard a knock at my bedroom door.

"Come in." I sniffled.

I turned to see who it was. Emma entered my room.

E: "i was hoping maybe we could talk?"

I sat up as she sat on my bed. I felt my eyes tear up.

Y: "i guess there's not really anything to talk about. I'm just really sorry about lying to Millie and now I've ruined our friendship."

E: "Oh hunny it will be okay." She gently rubbed my leg.

E: "You know my friend Cara? I have known her for 30 years. She's my best friend but if you think we didn't fight you got another thing coming."

I felt a tear slowly fall onto my cheek.

Y: "really?"

E: "sure."

She leaned over and rubbed my arm softly.

E: "come to think about it after the fights i can't remember what a single fight was about, all i remember is that we would always forgive each other."

I couldn't hold on any longer, the tears fell quickly from my face.

Y: "that kind of feels impossible right now." i cried.

E: "she'll come around, don't give up on her just yet okay?"

Y: "yeah."

My arms rushed around Emma. She always knew what to say. She gave me hope. Hope that Millie would forgive me one day. She held onto me until my eyes were dry and tears stopped flowing. She pulled away.

E: "you'll be okay y/n. It will all be fine soon I promise."

She smiled.

E: "It was just a shock to her, it was to all of us."

I nodded.

E: "But y/n i couldn't be happier for you two, if i could chose anyone for Louis it would be you and i know he really really likes you. I think Millie just has to see that."

I smiled. That was the best news i had heard all week. It made me overjoyed that she said that, it meant a lot to me that she wanted us to be together.

She got up and walked to the door. Before leaving she turned around and smiled at me. I smiled back. I believed her, I believed that everything was going to be okay. She is too important to me to give up on her. I will wait, no matter how long it takes for her to forgive me.

That week was rough but after Emma's pep talk made me ready and determined to speak to Millie. I didn't know when I was going to but I knew it had to be soon. I couldn't have her not come to one of the best nights of our life. Prom. Me and Millie had planned it for years. We would always talk about it when we were little girls. I would regret it so much if we didn't go together and i think she would too.

We're leaving school in a few weeks which meant that Prom would be soon. I was so excited. I had pick my dress way before the notice even came out. Well me and Millie both picked out our dresses but that was way before the argument. My dress was navy blue and my heels were black so they would match. I am in love with it. It was a shame Louis wouldn't be able to see me in it.

Louis that week was going away with his Dad and friends, something about a 'Lads weekend' so he couldn't see me and Millie at prom. I really wanted him to come. I would miss him alot. I didn't want to get distracted, there were more important things to think about than prom like Millie. How was I going to apologize to her?