The Ocean Maiden

Summary: Someone rises from the sea claiming to be Jellyfish's best friend. (AstroxOC) and (TurtleXOC)

"You had a beach back in your older home, right?" Turtle asked, as the group of them strolled along the seaside. "How did it look like compared to this one?"

"A little less vast and a little more covered in trash." Day Angel joked, earning a collective laugh from the rest of her new friends. "We had a couple programs to collect and throw away the garbage, but the trash never really seemed to lessen. This beach is so much better."

The strolling masks consisted of Day Angel, Astronaut, Turtle, Black Widow and Sun. As they headed along the sand, they passed by a couple of children playing ball, and waved at a couple other masks who were building a sandcastle. Day Angel waved at T-Rex, who was snapping a couple of selfies nearby with a brightly coloured seashell.

Astronaut couldn't help his constant glancing at the pastel blue haired angel as she talked with Turtle. Not gonna lie, he was well aware of his growing feelings for the winged woman since their talk in Banana's attic.

While they hadn't exactly had one on one time again since that day, Day Angel had never left his mind. He was glad that she was getting along well with the other masks and already was fitting in with his friend group, but he hoped they could have another moment together. Astronaut knew the difference between fondness for a friend and attraction towards a potential lover. Despite her shyness, the Angel definitely had a sweet and likeable personality that naturally drew people towards her.

Obviously, Astronaut was not considering making any moves soon. Firstly, he didn't know Angel's feelings. And secondly, he doubted Angel would be comfortable with another relationship, given her previous one had ended in disaster.

Astronaut thought himself fortunate he was wearing his spacesuit all the time, so it wasn't as obvious that he was watching Day Angel. The only mask who sort of knew he had a crush was Turtle; he had teased him about it quite a fair bit since.

"Do you come to the beach a lot?"

Astronaut blinked, realising that Angel had turned away from Turtle and was now addressing him.

"Oh? Yeah, I have." He nodded vigorously, his helmet almost jiggling. "I actually come here very often. Walks on the beach are pretty peaceful if there's no storm coming or anything."

Angel smiled; hopefully she didn't notice how Astronaut's lights rapidly flashed in response.

"Walking and admiring the scenery is something I've always liked doing." Angel commented. "Some of my old friends back in my old home never really got it though."

"Their loss." Astronaut found himself saying, feeling his face grow hot.

Black Widow had stopped by to talk with Butterfly, who was picnicking on the sand, while Turtle and Sun were deep in conversation about sunblock. As they talked, Astronaut and Day Angel ended up walking to the wooden pier and sat at its ledge staring into the pool.

"So, how's the town for you so far?" Astronaut asked, checking that they were out of earshot from the rest of their friends.

"It's been great!" Angel replied with a big smile. "Thanks for introducing me to your friends by the way, they're great."

"No problem. Glad to see you made a friend of your own though. I don't hang out with Sun very often, but she seems to like you a lot."

"Heh...actually I was in the theatre when she was practicing her singing. To be honest, I actually found her a little intimidating at first, but after hanging with her for a bit we really conne..."