Sam chuckles lowly at that, Evelyn smiling before jumping down after them, sauntering over before leaning her arm on Bucky's shoulder, turning to Sam. "Want any help?"

He grins.

It feels like the next few hours are full of energy and exhaustion at the same time, then, with the boat being the main jobs to do. It was the morning when they arrived from Siberia. Slowly, the time inches closer and closer to the middle of the day.

"Wait, you don't know what The Meters are?" Sam gapes as he works on some of the wires, Bucky sanding down pillars and Evelyn cutting through wood. Immediately she laughs, shaking her head, and the man wildly gestures towards the radio playing Hey Pocky A Way. "Wow. Neither of you? You both need to get out more. You guys don't hear these songs when you head down the Main Street, or in the movies with friends?"

Bucky just quirks an eyebrow, giving him a deadpan look. "You do know we're about a hundred years old, right?"

"If we want to spend time with our friends," Evelyn starts, tying her hair up into a messy bun, smile playing on her lips, "we'd need to bring out the Ouija board."

"Sounds like the sleepovers would be fun," Sam comments offhandedly, Evelyn unable to hold back a snort at the seriousness of the comment. Sam just chuckles. That is, till Sarah calls for him from the house, and he puts down the pliers before heading out, boat rocking slightly with the movement.

"After this all blows over..." Bucky breaks the silence a few minutes later, hesitating before glancing away from the pillars and towards Evelyn, "What are you planning on doing?"

Evelyn just hums in response, thinking, before putting the machine down. "Brazil. Maybe a stripper. It sounds interesting." He just chuckles in response, knowing she's not being serious, and she just smiles before shaking her head.

"Nah. I... I don't know, in all honesty. For the last few years I've just been living, watching the TV, hearing the sounds of the neighbour's washing machine late in the night. Then there was this, and I can't even imagine a life without action anymore. It's... weird. It feels like another life."

"I get what you mean," he replies quietly, because he does. He remembers doing everyday chores back at home to help his mother out. Those days feel like centuries ago.

"Okay, whatever," a new voice sounds, making the two jump and look at him, only to realise they were staring at each other. Sam just scoffs, raising his eyebrows at them. "You two are blind. Come on, Sarah's calling us in. She wants us all to pitch in for lunch."

"'Pitch in'?" Evelyn repeats, nose scrunching up in confusion. "What do you mean, 'pitch in'?"

"Chicken pasta," Sarah's saying the moment they get inside. "We have a lot more people so I'm gonna need all hands on deck. I'm gonna give everyone a job to do and hopefully we'll get this done faster."

It's only a few seconds later when there's a bowl of chicken in front of Evelyn that the redhead purses her lips, staring at it blankly. Everyone's getting to work with their respective jobs, and it's strange seeing everyone so domestic after all the fighting in the last week.

"Evelyn?"

At Sarah's confused call from where she's dealing with the pasta, the redhead shakes her head little. "Yeah, I don't know how to clean chicken."

The woman just frowns, unsure how it's possible, but she doesn't press before asking her to shred the cheese instead, only to have a similar response to that, too. From the things Sam's told Sarah, especially about Evelyn being a mother, how is it possible that she doesn't know how to cook?