Part 12: Just a short trip to Hell

(Song: The Twelfth of Never by Johnny Mathis)

My eyes open not to the eternal abyss or the flaming circle of hell that I thought I might find myself in but back at SHIELD. In one of their holding cells. My body aches from the wound in my chest and on my side. Gently, I prop myself up before my fingers trace the area of where the stab wound should be but find a bandage. Why are they trying to save me? A groan leaves me as I push myself up and out of the cot I was laying in. Steel bars surround me. I can break the bars, no matter how worse of a shape I'm in. Reaching out to the bars a voice stops me "I won't do that." "Bucky?" "Stop calling me that." He replies coldly before coming out of the darkness of the corner of my cell. "I don't know what they did to you but you're Bucky. My Bucky. My fiancé. Here!"

I show my left hand to him with my engagement ring still miraculously attached to it. "Stop with the lies." He replies, not even glancing at the ring. "Bucky...please." "I SAID STOP CALLING ME THAT!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. I took a step away from him. Biting the bottom of my lip, I nod to myself "This is Hydra's doing. You're like me. A super-soldier. Did they brainwash you? Torture you?" "I won't be so worried about him. You should worry more about yourself." Alexander Pierce walks in front of my cell "You! You did this to him?" I yell at him. A smirk forms on his face "Oh no. This isn't my work. It was Hydra's back when he fell from that train but never mind that. Let's talk about how you're going to help us." "Over my dead body," I reply, folding my arms. Pierce smiles at Bucky "I told you. She's a fighter." before he looked back at me "It would be hard to break you but I'll do it. How about we start right now? Where would Steve and Nat be hiding?" I say nothing.

He's going to have to try harder if he wants me to talk about my family. "I see." He turns to Bucky "Put your hand on the bar. Your good one." Bucky does as he says and places his hand on the bars of my prison. As soon as his fingers graze the bar, volts of electricity go through him causing him to yell out in agonizing pain. "What are you doing?!" I yell at Pierce. He paces on the other side of the cell around Bucky as he yells louder, still holding onto the bar "I know you won't break easily if we torture you, and quite frankly we're out of time. The quickest option would have to be torturing this pathetic thing." I glance at Bucky as Piece tells him "Let go." Bucky yanks his hand away, revealing his burn marks from the electricity on the palm of his hand. I look away to the ceiling. Pierce sighs annoyed that I didn't break "Again." Bucky grabs the bar again. I can't hear him. Nope, I hear nothing. Zen meditation and rainbows are all I hear.

Bucky lets go and Pierce tells him again. Then again and again until I hear the most gut-wrenching scream come from Bucky. I tear my eyes from the ceiling to see Bucky shaking violently on the ground "Stop." I croak out. "I'm sorry. What?" Pierce says cruelly. I'm on the floor next to him "Stop! Make his stop!" "Stop," Pierces says. Bucky drops his hand from the bar to reveal his burned hand. Pulling his weight on me, I place his head into my lap as I stroke his hair as tears fall from my eyes "I don't know. Ok? We made sure if we were taken, none of us would be able to tell. What are you going to do to us?" I ask as I start sobbing. "Well, you're going to stand by Hydra and you're going to fight your brother." I start shaking my head as another tear starts streaming down my cheek. "Do you want to see that again?" He asks. I shake my head again "No. I'll do it. Just let him stay. Let him stay with me."

Bucky starts coming to as Pierce walks off "Fine. Have fun with the brainwashed dog." As soon as he is out of sight. I start bawling my eyes. My chest becomes tight. Bucky pushes himself away from me. "Bucky? It's me. It's May. I don't think you remember me but I love you. Just let me see your hand."

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye

Thank you for reading! 😭👋💖