ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

24 November 2005
Approximately 5:11 P.M.
Fukaura, Japan

warning(s): blood/gore+angst

The sheets rustled as you sat up, your body forcing you awake. You'd been awake for the last two and a half hours, but you couldn't muster the strength to actually get out of the bed. But the hunger you felt, and the ache in your side was too much for you to sleep off right now.

A bandaged hand came to rub over your face, the texture of the wrapping surprisingly soft. The clothes you wore were not your own, or rather, the pants were not. You were topless at the moment.

When you'd first woken up, you were stark naked other than the spandex you wore under your skirt during the fight. Your sports bra and a set of black pants were on the nightstand beside you, and you'd quickly changed into them before anyone could see you naked. You only could hope Ieiri was here, and she was the reason for your lack of clothing.

You walked into the connected room, flipping on the light to be met with your own reflection. And at first, you didn't even realize it was yourself. Swirls of red, purple, and yellow blossomed over your slightly swollen neck, and you figured this was the reason it was slightly difficult to swallow. Your nose was also bruised, with a thin cut running from the corner of your left eye, down across your right cheek. There was another cut on your cheek, and your eyes were dark like you hadn't slept in a while.

White bandages were snugly wrapped around your waist, hiding the nasty wound away. Tips of bruising appeared over the edge, and you figured that's why you were left shirtless. From your fingertips to your forearm with also adorned with bandages, but these felt much more flexible than the others.

You washed your face before leaving, shuffling down the hall in search of other people. You were in a place you don't remember, a dainty little home it seemed like. You paused in front of a sliding glass door, the breeze from the crashing waves washing over your body, making a shudder run down your spine. You made sure no one was outside before sliding it closed.

You entered the main room, immediately met with the warmth of the heater placed in the corner. At the sound of the floorboards creaking under the weight, the black-haired teen raised his eyes, face washing with surprise as your entrance. He stood up, making the girl whose head rested in his lap groan as it hit the floor with a loud thump. He walked towards you, eyes slightly widening when you walked into his chest, dropping your head into his shoulder.

Geto chuckled as you leaned your weight against him, letting him hold you up. His hands circled around your back, minding the wound on your side. You sighed heavily.

"I'm hungry."

The room washed over with laughter, making you look up from your best friend's chest questioningly. Yaga looked over and patted the spot next to him, holding a bowl out to you. You shuffled over to him, sitting beside him as he handed you a bowl of rice and pork and a set of chopsticks.

"Sensei, why is everyone laughing at me?" You asked, knowing he would be the only one to give you the answer truthfully.

"They placed a bet on what you would say when you first woke up. Satoru thought it would be: 'Good Morning', Shoko thought it would be: 'Shut up', and Suguru said: 'I'm hungry,'," He replied. "You've been asleep for almost three days."

You choked on your rice, make him look at you worriedly. He handed you a glass of water. "What?!" You exclaimed.

"The wound on your side was very serious," Ieiri said, the three of them returning to the table as Geto pocked a handful of money. "It took the first two days just for me to get it partially closed without extending your body's limit. Not to mention the amount of cursed energy you had left; we hardly even felt it at first because it was so low."