✔XXXI - The Human Princess is not what We Think of Her

Start from the beginning

She gave a questioning look at Casian as his sharp gaze met with her and she could feel it wasn't a bluff. Just how strong guards Master Valentine had deployed for that brat's protection!

She had no knowledge their guards were that powerful to defeat Casian's men. She remembered it was because they were very strong and each man from her homeland went through rigorous training before her father selected them as soldiers, the former king accepted their marriage for a good use of her father's powers. It was all because they had a strong army.

Had Billard started to give them special training secretly without her knowing? It could have been possible since she had noticed Billard was often going to the training ground and occasionally interacting with them personally. But then from what Demian said in their meal time, Seraphina was the one who took down the leader.

"It wasn't only the guards. Seraphina also helped them." Zenith informed him of what she had heard.

Casian looked at her as he gave a look. Zenith could see, he didn't believe her.

"Seraphina?" Casian asked with a scornful chuckle, "she is just a weak human girl. What could a human do to my men?"

"Well, you've seen the reports with your own eyes."

Casian's eyes narrowed down as he engaged in his thoughts while Zenith became impatient with her brother's careless behavior.

When he didn't say anything for another few minutes after what she said about Seraphina, Zenith growled, "Why can't you see, the day isn't that far!"

"I know that very well, dear sister," Casian said as he brushed off the dust from his sleeves, "that is why, this time, we need something else."

He paced around the room, his hand on his chin then he asked, "Have you tried talking through with the princess?"

"I did. It's of no use. She had forgotten about our conversation already even though I proposed to her that she and her servant won't be harmed."

Casian hummed and asked, "You said, she defeated my men? Like by herself?"

"Yes, and I heard that she also protected Demian a few times before that. Last time, she took an arrow for him." She informed as an amused smile formed on Casian's lips.

Casian's eyes grew intense as if he had already planned out everything and he said, "Well, to make her follow your orders, you need something that would leave her no choice." He cast a devilish grin and Zenith could not understand why.

Casian looked at her and added, "Tell your servants to keep a watchful eye on her and her servant for a while and you shall stay low for a few days."

"That's it?" Zenith asked, her anger started brewing again.

"No. Do that until I come back." He grinned, "I believe this human princess is not what we think of her."

****

"You mean he was a High Tier Fireborn?" Billard asked after he'd heard the report from Demian's perspective.

"Yes."

"But, how could wizards enter the dragons land?" Master Valentine hissed clenching his fists.

"I don't know about that, but this isn't the first wizard who'd attacked us." Demian said leaning back in his chair not feeling the soreness anymore.

"That Earthborn who had attacked Your Highness when you were out in town... We couldn't find any hostages to find who they were and who sent them." Master Valentine said.

"They are the suicide battalion who are out to kill or die. It seems like whoever is behind this is very strong in his resolution of killing me."

"Don't sound so casual about this Demian, you know this is a very serious matter." Billard chided frowning.