-ˏˋ Cloud Nine ˎˊ-

Book title : Cloud 9

Author name : Shreya_VA

Status : Completed

Genre : Science fiction

Sub genre : Fantasy

Why do we recommend this?

Cloud 9 is based on a post-war (World War III), dystopian future. Due to nuclear weapons and it's fatal radioactive, Earth is deemed inhabitable. The radiations have killed majority of the population. People have been tranported on the moon to survive while others have been send to the Cloud Kingdom or Audra.

The clouds have been treated in such a manner that they hold humans on each level. We follow Alizeh, an Indian girl, who is sent to the Cloud 9: the level for the artists to settle in. In this post-war world, the freedom of speech is a myth. Artists are considered the burden on society, left to fend for themselves with no help whatsoever from the government.

Alizeh with two of her roommate have to work for a living or it's a painful death by starvation. Although her billionaire parents had a spot book for her on the moon, she never wanted that life.

Alizeh fights her way up as a writer to overthrow the oppressive government and get back the freedom of speech and expression. How can she survive?

This book is highly recommended if you're a fan of Divergent and want to follow a strong female writer (every readers' fantasy, right?) rasing her voice against the rulers is refreshing and a unique take in a dystopian future. The writing of the author does complete justice to the plot and the chapter length won't let you get bored. Every detail of the cloud kingdom is perfectly thought out to impress and help the readers understand. A must read if you're looking for underrated books on Wattpad!

Recommended by : Mystical_princess14 , akiimarvelous and _LibraChild_