𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 (𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏)

We'll be posting Five Teen Fiction Reviews Today. These Reviews have been chosen at random. If you don't see yours today, don't worry, they would be posted between now and next week. Remember, All the Reviews are Honest and Constructive.

Now, let's get to it.

****

Book: TEQUILA

Author: ujuritaellianna

•Book graphics:  8/10

Your graphics is simple, and concise. I like the symmetry of the lettering juxtaposed unto the background image.

Blurb: 3/5

Your blurb makes it easy to decide who your protagonists are and how they perceive life. From your blurb, I can already tell your female protagonist is a pessimist and your male protagonist is an optimist. I like the balance and boundaries you created for both characters.

I see you took the metaphorical approach to writing and that's commendable, but you need to learn to use it properly, so that it flows easier. I found myself wondering what 'spark rainbows' meant, as rainbows don't spark; they glow. As much as I love your approach, sometimes, less is more if you're starting out with that style of writing for the first time. With time, you'll grow into it and become a natural at it. I suggest reading a lot of books that use this writing style so that you subconsciously learn from them.

Introduction: 4/5

I absolutely love your introduction. Just from the first chapter, I can tell your characters apart and you seamlessly wove their distinct features, characters and attributes into the story. Good job!

Use of punctuation: 2/10

You really need to work on this aspect of writing because it could throw a lot of people off and destroys the entire aesthetics of your entire book. For example, after a full stop, use capital letters, and if you don't want to follow the orthodox style of using capital letters after periods, that's fine, but you need to make it uniform... That means, complete disregard of periods and usage of small letters after each and every period.

Also, I noticed that there are no spaces after periods and after commas and it makes the entire book look sloppy.

When using exclamations and question marks, bear in mind that one question mark is enough for a sentence as two is not considered professional. Commas, periods or question marks are enclosed inside of the quotation mark, not outside. Sometimes they are even lacking. I'll recommend you read books that lecture sentence structure and English grammar to correct your wrong use of punctuation.

•Spelling and Grammar: 5/10

Like your punctuations, I noticed a lot of things about your spelling and grammar that could have been corrected. When doing overall editing of your book, pay attention to clauses and tenses that were not consistent with the original past tense you opted for in the beginning... Your preferred tense should always be consistent. Also, if you're not sure of the spelling of a particular word, it's important you check it out in a dictionary or other writing resources as it really improves your author image to readers and fellow writers. When writing, remember to give it your best as it shines through in the end. It makes people realize you know exactly what you're doing.

Sentence construction: 6/10

Ignoring the punctuation and specific grammar errors, your overall sentence construction when it comes to descriptions and narration is almost perfect. However, since punctuations and grammar make up the entirety of a sentence, you have to work on that aspect of your writing.