c h a p t e r 9

It's the day. The day I've been waiting for. The day where my dream life could start, or the opposite could happen and I'll never be able to recover from it for the rest of my life.

I told my brother and dad that I was going to the rink all day to watch people train and get last minute practice in before the finals tonight, but that was a lie.

I was going to the dress shop that we had bought the ball gown from. Jenna was good at makeup and hair too so she said she would do it for me.

Me and Jenna had been talking for the past 2 hours while she did my hair and makeup "okay, your finished it's time to put your dress on" she says while spinning me around in my chair.

After getting into my dress, I stare at myself in the mirror for a long time. I look different, I look like my mom. I can really see her in myself.

I finally break away the stare and look back towards Jenna. "You look beautiful darling" she says with a smile

"Gabe's here!" I hear a shout from the front of the store

Me and Jenna make our way towards the voice and I spot Dimitri and Gabe talking. He's wearing a black suit with a black tie to match my dress.

He stops what he's doing and looks up at me. He smiles.

I return the smile.

"You ready?" He asks while holding his hand out. I nod, take his hand, and then we make our way outside of the dress shop.

I see a black car, with blacked out windows waiting for us. Before I get in I turn to Jenna and give her a hug "Thankyou", I whisper into her ear.

*

The car pulls into a large gated entrance and I see a large building filled with golden toned lights.

People are getting out of cars in ball gowns, they all look like they belong here. I may also look like I belong here with this fancy dress, makeup and hair. But I sure don't feel like I do.

Once the car comes to a hault, a man in a suit open up my door. He holds out his hand and helps me out the car, and then hands be a glass of Champaign. "Thankyou" I say while taking it off him.

Once we make our way inside we come to the top of a stair case. Cliche I know. "Remember, you're my girlfriend. You've been my girlfriend for a month" he says and I nod and take his hand.

We walk down the grande staircase and people begin to stare. I can't help but feel embarrassed so I look at Gabe for a moment. He looks nervous. As we reach the bottom we are greeted by a man and women who seem to be in their 40's.

"Hello darling glad you could make it" the women says while hugging Gabe. She then turn to me and smiles "You must be the lovely Willow" she offers me a hug and I take it

"Yes I am, this place is really lovely" I say while looking around taking in my surroundings.

The man standing next to her, who I assume to be Gabe's father doesn't say much he just nods along with a straight face.

Then two men start walking in our direction as-well. "Hello brother" the tallest one says. Gabe gives a short smile and nods. "Well aren't you gonna introduce us to this lovely lady" the other ones says

"Willow this is Olly and Ethan, my brothers", Gabe says in a bored tone

"Nice to meet you" I smile at them

The oldest one grabs my hand and places a kiss on the back of it. I chuckle at the poshness.

"What are they doing here?" Gabe says while looking over at the champagne bar. I look in the same direction and my mouth opens.

It's my dad, my brother and Chloe. All dressed up.

"Oh I hope you didn't mind I thought I'd invite your college coach, and I know your friendly with his son" Gabe's mom says

I continue to stare into their direction until my brother locks eyes with me. My eyes widen as he sees me locking hands with Gabe. I quickly let go and hold my hands together.

He starts to walk over to us with my father and Chloe close behind.

"Why are you here?" My dad says to me

"This is Gabe's girlfriend, Willow" Mrs Fitzgerald says proudly

"You're his girlfriend?" My brother asks with more anger in his voice

"No!" I immediately say

"Wait you're not his girlfriend?" Olly says while him and Ethan laugh

"No, I am" I reply back to them

"What is going on here?" My dad asks

"How do you guys no each other?" Mrs Fitzgerald ads

"Well are you his girlfriend or not Willow?" Austin says

I feel as though the room froze, or it was in slow motion as I was thinking of my answer. I look over at Gabe and see him looking at me with a pleasing look, then I look at my father who seems hurt I didn't tell him as does Chloe. Austin looks angry, Ethan and Olly are laughing. Gabe's dad is just standing there with a blank face and Mrs Fitzgerald looks confused.

"Yes, I'm his girlfriend", I spit out and hold Gabe's hand. I look up at him and I see he's already looking at me. He gives me a smile and squeezes my hand.