"I've lost my best friend." And then she burst into tears.

You rushed over to her side and leaned down to rest your head against her shoulder. "Hey hey. No don't say that okay." You comforted.

She takes a moment to wipe the tears away. "I ate the last of the ice cream." She announced as you stepped back.

You chuckled walking around the counte and getting out a spoon to offer the girl. "Well that's why I stopped off on the way." You smiled sliding over the spoon and the tub of ice cream from the bag.

She digs in almost animalistic before she stops realising. "Wait aren't you meant to be at work?"

"Well Cat, let me off on a early lunch so here I am." You smiled softly.

"You're the best brother" Kara mumbled through the new scoop of ice cream in her mouth.

"Oh I know, now go get dressed this is depressing." You explained running your fingers down the old baggy pjs hung against her frame.

—-

"I can't believe Cat Grant back . You must be so happy." Alex had a teasing look on her face as you stabbed your salad. You had decided to get Kara from the apartment and forced her downtown to grab lunch at a small almost empty cafe where Alex was waiting although she wanted to spend time with her girlfriend Maggie who was almost always to busy with work but you had convinced her that Kara needed her the most right now without going into to much information. Kara had to come out at her own pace.

You force a chuckle. "Aha shut it!" You glared threatening pointing at her with your plastic fork.

"No please keep going" Kara laughed popping another potsticker into her mouth. Since her 'talk' with the Luthor she was hard to read but she was suddenly coming round to acceptance.

That amused you. "Someone's in a good mood." You pointed out seeing the teasing smirk playing on her lips across the table next to Alex.

Kara smiled weakly, trying I forget about the Luthor occupying her mind. "Well I like teasing you." She offered with a shrug.

"Haha funny but I'm telling you nothing is happening with Cat." You cringe at your choices of words, something had already happened and that small kiss was some old movie replaying in your head from time to time.

"You sure?" Alex sends a look over to Kara and you sigh, if this would help the girl distract herself you had to give it a chance.

You huffed. "Fine. I kissed her." You revealed and Alex nearly choked on her water.

"WHAT WHEN?!" Kara yelled her palms slapping down on the table leaving Alex to sputter in her glass.

You sighed, okay there was no going back now you thought. "On my birthday when I left cos of Kal-El"

Alex seems to think for a moment and arched a brow as she puts down her glass "Wait that was before she left right?"

You roll your eyes running your fork through the remains of your salad. "Thanks for the reminder"

Kara seems to pick up on the conversation "Wait you don't actually think she left because of that?" She questions.

"Well it's a highly likely possibility."

"Maybe she was scared I mean she is older than you." Alex offered about the older human.

You snap back up expecting a teasing look shared between them both but the two had been genuinely listening. "You forget the phantom zone. I'm almost as old as her."

"Well that's good right?"

You sighed shaking your head at the digging the two were up to. "As much as I love this topic nothing else is going to happen between me and my BOSS." You reminded them both.

"But she isn't really your boss anymore" Alex offered with a sly smirk.

"Well what does that have with it?" You questioned finishing up your salad and dropping the fork back down into the bowl.

Alex and Kara giggle as they pick up the reminder of their food before chucking it away. You follow them with your eyes confused to the whispered between them. They seemed to know more than you.

Because in Cats mind she wasn't going to put a move onto her assistant.