8

God, send help! I'm quite unsure of what to do right now. I don't know if I should consider it to be a mistake but I really don't know if this was the right thing to do. Who am I kidding, it was a mistake!Honestly, it wasn't that bad as I portrayed it to be but it felt so stupid to me.

Anyway, let's review:

I've been recently hanging out on Instagram or Snapchat and that's how I came in contact with new people, especially boys. At first, I didn't have a bad feeling about it. I only felt the urge to distract myself from my feelings towards Sullivan, just like Kioko has suggested me to do. Even I was aware that I needed time to rethink the whole situation. So I came across the idea that I better should concentrate on other things in life. I didn't plan to fall in love with someone else. I was just only looking for new acquaintances. Most of these acquaintances were, as I mentioned, boys. Especially one of them was catching feelings for me. His name is Luke.

Luke has been simping on me for a while now. Don't worry, he's real, he's not a creep or anything else! We facetimed once, so that we could get to know each other.

He seemed to be a cute and friendly person but I wasn't interested in the first place. So I told him off when he offered me to be my boyfriend. I was afraid that I would hurt him but he took this rejection not personally.

He told me that he was ok with it and that he will get over it. His intention was at least only to look for a girlfriend.

I soon told Kioko about him and her reaction was what I expected: hesitant and wary. After I explained that we already know each others faces, she quickly calmed down and said that she was ok with it.

Towards the end of class he wanted to come and pick me up and then take me home. I gave the address of my school and he told me that it wasn't that far from where he lived.

Kioko stayed with me while I waited for Luke. Whether she did this to get to know him better or to see if it wasn't a 50-year-old creep, I didn't know for sure. Still, I was glad she stayed with me and kept me company.

In the end, none of us had to worry because he finally came, albeit with a slight delay. He informed me that he had some difficulties getting to my school. I didn't think it was all that bad and I was also happy that he enlightened me in advance.

When he appeared, Kioko could breathe a sigh of relief. He was tall, but by appearance he looked 17 years old, which he actually was. He came towards us on his bike, to the school gate where Kioko and I were waiting and where we had arranged to meet. He greeted us in a perfectly friendly and calm manner, hugging me and apologizing for his delay.

Luke and Kioko also made acquaintances by introducing each other and casually exchanging a few words.

After that, he pulled out of his pocket what turned out to be a rose (without thorns, of course) and handed it to me. I honestly wasn't sure what to think of it, but then I decided to be happy and thank him for now.

After saying goodbye to Kioko, Luke and I headed home to my place. I took the lead and he followed me. Since we've already exchanged views on Snapchat about our lives, we didn't have much to talk about that day, but the silence between us wasn't that awkward. Every now and then he would ask me a few things related to school or my well-being, to which I would calmly answer. Of course he couldn't help but tell something of his own accord and I listened to him patiently.

When we finally got to my front door I thanked him for everything - for the rose, for the company and for the chance to see each other. He then claimed that he had to thank me and that he was keen to meet me again if the opportunity arose. I agreed with him and suggested that we might best work this out back on Snapchat.

When saying goodbye, I wanted to hug him briefly, but he forestalled me and came closer to me than I would have liked. It seemed like he was going to try to kiss me, so in time I turned my head to the side so his mouth only lightly touched my cheek. I was already aware that he was in love with me, but I couldn't let everything really happen so quickly. After all, I didn't want a relationship, just friendship.

I mean he acts cute but I don't feel like I could fall in love with him any time soon.

He didn't seem to be embarassed by his failed attempt. In any case, he didn't give the impression of being disappointed or uncomfortable. I didn't say anything either, but a very strange feeling settled in me. It was not a really good one.

I still had contact with him but I made no progress by developing my feelings towards him. He's just not my type and that's it.

We had a few meetings though and he still made more attempts like flirtation, kisses or gifts. I let it all more or less happen but I usually used to remember him that I was not the one for him.

It was so obvious though. I couldn't expect to 'be friends' with somebody who is only looking for love. But it still pisses me off: Why can boys and girls not just be friends? Do things have to happen so quickly? I explained to him several times that I wasn't into him and he accepted it but he still kept going on like he was hoping I would change my mind immediately. But that's not how it works. That's not how love works.

Anyway, I decided to tell him off, once and for all. I didn't intend to cut ties with him but I couldn't let this go on like this because it didn't feel right to me. When I confronted him, he apologized and said that he couldn't help himself and that he didn't mean any harm. I wished him the best and that he would find a girl soon who would genuinely love him.

After we came in terms with the fact that we should only stay friends, we had no more meeting for a while. I only texted him on occasions and after a few weeks had passed, he actually found a girlfriend and I congratulated him.

I am glad that I got rid of this problem. I couldn't imagine being with someone like this, although he If I got into this relationship with Luke, it would seem to be so forced and I would be eventually unhappy and I couldn't risk things turning out this way.

One thing is for sure: Luke is definitely not the one I was looking for. My heart directs me to Sullivan and I won't doubt it anymore.