Chapter 2- The stars

“Oh Ella, you’re here, good. Come sit.” The young man turned around and then I knew just who it was, Taron Egerton, star of Kingsman: The secret Service, my favorite movie. I went over and sat beside him.

He leaned over next to me and whispered because Peter was talking, “Hello, I’m Taron.”

“Hi, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Ella.” I smiled trying not to give away the fact I was freaking out inside. Peter started talking about his life and his major accomplishments, and went around the table asking people to explain who they are.

 I wanted so badly to get of that conversation, just then Taron leaned over to me and whispered, “Want to leave? I don’t want to be here.  Want to go get a drink; I saw a small pub across the way.” I nodded.

“Good, you’ll say that you're sick and I can suggest walking you home?”

“Perfect,” I giggled a bit. “Um Peter, I really don’t feel good at all, I think I should go home.”

“I’ll walk her.” Taron chimed in.

“Alight, I hope you feel better then.” He nodded to us. We both got up and went out the door before we both started laughing. Without saying a word we headed over to the pub across the way. Just before we got inside my phone started ringing, it was my mom.

“Taron, could you excuse me for a moment?” He smiled at me and nodded.

“Sure thing, I’ll be right inside.”

“Thanks.” I picked it up, “Hi mom, you know, I’ve only been here for a few hours.” I laughed,  “Yeah mom, I’m doing good. I met the director and some of the stars, they are nice. Listen mom, we are about to have dinner. How about I call you tomorrow? Goodnight mom, I love you too.” I clicked my phone off and turned around to go inside but a tall drunken man was in my way. “Excuse me.”

“Well hello there little miss American. Aren’t you sweet?” He grabbed my arm.

“Please, just leave me alone.” I said, he grabbed my waist and pulled me into him.

“No, I think I’ll keep you here.” His voice was slurred and he was disgusting.

“The young lady said leave her alone.” The man let me go and turned around, Taron punched him, and the man punched him back and then they were brawling. Finally they were momentarily torn apart. I grabbed Taron’s wrist and pulled him away down the road on our way back to our houses. The man was shouting things at us and I just kept dragging him with me. Taron was holding his eye and we walked quickly and quietly to my house because it was closer. I unlocked the door and we walked in. “Sit.” I pointed to the stools at the bar, he listened and sat, I went and got the first aid kit. “Ok, let’s see it.” He took his hand away and his eye was going to be black and it was bleeding. “Ok this is going to sting. I put some alcohol on a rag and then placed a hand on the side of his face to stabilize myself, he kept his gaze on me and I reached my other hand up and placed the cloth on the cut. He winced and grabbed my wrist and pulled it away as a reaction. “Sorry,” I mumbled, “almost done, I cleaned it once more and then put a little Band-Aid over it and then gave him ice for his eye. We went and sat on the couch as I flipped through channels.

“Thank you.” He looked at me.

“Why are you thanking me? You saved me from that creep.”

“It was worth it.” He smiled as he got up. “I should go home. Thanks again. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He smiled and I nodded.

“Goodnight.” As he left I replayed the moments of tonight. I remembered the feeling of his soft skin in my hand, his jaw clenching, the way he studied me as I worked, and how he had some kind of almost longing in his eyes when he said “it was worth it.” He was so attractive.