Baby Time - #25

Jules was playing a game and I was at home, my mum was with me, we had it on the telly, I was ready to pop any minute he didn't like the idea of leaving me but said no matter what call him, he was giving his phone to on of the coaches so it could be answered if you name, your mum's or his mums popped up on his phone. Covering all bases incase the call didn't come from my phone.
There was the last quarter left of the game, then I felt the sudden pain in my lower belly and a wet patch form on my pants. My water had broke, bloody could of guessed it would of happened now and he couldn't of waited that little bit longer.

As Jules mum and my own rushed about grabbing the bags that were needed and helping me change my wet pants and also trying to phone Jules.

Which after a few rings someone answered.
"hello is it time?" the voice on the other end of the phone asked managing to get a yes out before the contraction hit and hearing that the person was getting Jules to me right away we hung up making our way to the hospital.

It seemed like forever until Jules turned up, but he did eventually join the rest of us, still in his football gear.

All three of us laughing as he ran in like he was taking a tackle.
"bubs, I'm here" taking my hand on my left that was free
"I think we have a while, I'm only 3cm" I informed him bringing him up to speed on all information we had been giving.

Both parents had left to room and leaving us too it, once Jules had chnaged that is anyway.  I think the hospital frown upon dirty players in their delivery rooms.

After a 15 hour labour, our beautiful baby boy was born, weight 8 pounds, he had Jules eyes and nose. He was honestly so perfect.

"I'm so proud of you" Jules whispered kissing the top of my some what sweaty head from pushing this little nugget out
"he's perfect, I can't believe we made him" I looked up at Jules who had tears in his eyes.

"marry me?" he said he so quickly and quitely I almost missed it
"what?" I asked mainly because I was shocked at the question.
"marry me shanice, let's be a proper little family, The Edelmans"
"of course I will" he pulled a ring out his hoodie pocket
"I've had this since last week, when I first thought about asking you" placing the ring on my finger and a small kiss on my lips.

"this is perfect"

The end.