Seizure in class with Professor Snape

"Detention Miss (Y/N) for daydreaming during my lesson," Professor Snape's voice called over the class. She didn't react, she couldn't. Her face was blank, eyes glazed over. Severus walked closer in an attempt to catch her attention. It didn't work. Getting increasingly annoyed, he stood right in front of her desk. A quill was in her hand, but the ink was just dripping down on the parchment, ruining her essay.

He squinted his eyes at her, looking at every little feature. "Miss (Y/N)," he said firmly. No reaction, not even a little flinch like usual. Snape's head was hurting by then as he tried to figure out why she was ignoring him. Settling on the thought of her just being an annoying teenager, he strode away, leaving his robes swirling in the wind. He dumped his body on his chair at the teacher's desk, still eyeing the girl in anger.

The bell rang and the Professor dismissed the class. Students quickly left in order to escape the piercing eyes of Snape, everyone except (Y/N). She still sat blankly on her chair. A disturbing pale expression had taken over her face.

"Detention isn't until tonight. Leave," he said coldly, fidgeting with a few essays on his desk. Upon not hearing her pack her things and leave, he looked up. He noticed a slight twitch in her hand, the quill dropped.

"Miss (Y/N)?" he said. His black eyes scanned her body with caution. Her breathing pattern were off beat, minor twitches in her wrists.

Severus stood up, readying himself to having to drag her to the Hospital Wing. He leaned over her desk in an intimidating way, taking a closer look. There was another twitch along her jaw. That was new.

"(Y/N)?" he said once more. He waved a hand in front of her eyes, but she did not acknowledge him in any way. The twitching increased, leaving her face looking painful. Her arms stretched out in a cramp along with her legs. With a quick movement, Severus took hold of her body and lowered her to the ground. Her back arched, banging her head on the floor with a crack. Snape grimaced at the sound, using 'Accio' to retrieve a pillow from his chambers. Gently, he lifted her head and placed it underneath.

Severus watched helplessly as the convulsions slowed down. He was kneeled down next to his young student, one hand guiding her head onto the pillow whenever a movement threatened to hit it the floor, and the other hand running through his black hair. Severus was clearly in a state of distress, but not as bad as his student.

A seizure, that much had he figured out. The reason behind it, was something he couldn't find. No rumors of her being injured the days prior, no history of it happening and he had heard nothing of her being on any kind of medication or potion. He let out a shaky breath, he sure hated not knowing.

As soon as he was sure that there were no after twitches, he gently stood up with her laying in his arms. She was light as a feather much to the annoyance of the Professor. He made a mental note to keep an eye on her during meals, she needed to be more than bones.

"In case you can hear me, it's Professor Snape. I am taking you to the infirmary, you had a seizure," Severus spoke in an uncharacteristic sweet tone as he walked out of the classroom. To his luck, most students were already in their classes, only a few free period students were left. He got a few strange looks, but no one dared to ask questions. His usual stern and cold look were plastered on his face, hiding his emotions away.

"Severus! What are you doing?" Professor McGonagall asked as she walked around the corner. Her mouth was hanging open at the sight of the dungeon bat carrying an unconscious student bridal style.

"She had a seizure, I'm taking her to the Hospital Wing," he simply stated as if it obvious. He continued to walk, ignoring the woman following him. The walk seemed endlessly long, if it hadn't been for her being lightweight, he would had stopped to catch his breath. Minerva was jogging behind them, firing question after question.

"Severus, please, tell me what happened," she pleaded. Her voice was laced with concern. Minerva cared for (Y/N) more than she cared to say out loud. (Y/N) was an excellent student, top of her class, friendly and passionate about magic. The young girl had even taken an interest in spending time with the teachers engaging in talks over tea whenever there was time.

"She had a seizure as I mentioned before, hit her head and have not yet woken up. Now, will you stop talking and open the door," Severus suddenly spat out, he was looking sternly at his colleague, waiting for her to open the door to the infirmary. She nodded, knowing very well that she would not get the answers she was hoping for. The door flung open and in walked the sore sight of the two teachers and the student.

"Oh dear," Poppy exclaimed. Quickly, she found an empty bed and motioned for Severus to lay her down. He did so, not taking his eyes of her. Not even when Madam Pomfrey pushed him further away.

Poppy ran her diagnostic charms, running around the student for several minutes before running off to get the necessary remedies. Severus used 'Accio' to find a chair, sitting down next to the medical bed, still looking at the student, his student. He had no intention to leave before he had answers as to how a student suddenly seized in his classroom.

He needed to know how to prevent it as it was truly horrifying to watch. If possible, he would prefer not to carry her once more. The looks of the few students who had seen him running through the halls with someone in his arms were enough to scar him for life. The scene would run around the school in the matter of hours, and he dreaded the looks he would get from students and teachers, not to mention all the questions.

"Hmm..." Poppy's voice snapped Severus out of his thoughts. He looked up for the first time, noticing McGonagall sitting next to him on a similar chair. He huffed at the sight. Great minds think alike. The look on her face was expressionless, which could only mean that she was truly worried beyond emotions at that moment.

"What's the diagnosis, Poppy? I don't have all day," Severus hissed. The mediwitch shot him a dirty glare before her expression softened. Severus was not a man who enjoyed showing he cared, but she knew he did and thereby brushed off his hard exterior like she usually did.

"She'll be alright, just need some rest. I need to do more test to find the culprit to Miss (Y/N)'s... incident," Madam Pomfrey explained. A loud sigh filled the ears of Professor Snape, Minerva sat smiling at the news.

"Very well, call me if any of you need something," McGonagall said as she stood up, ready to head out the door. Snape looked at her with a puzzled look. She laughed at his behavior, simply telling him that she knew him better than he thought and that he wouldn't leave until he had answers. Severus looked down at his feet, a barely noticeable tint of red covered his cheeks. Of course she would know. Minerva smiled at him, turned around and left the student to rest.