NINE ✔︎

Bucky's POV:

I rub Kira's back, comforting herself and I. We all sit down in the living room to discuss what to do about Peter and Loki.

Kira crawls to Nat's lap and Nat starts to do her hair. I give Nat an appreciative head nod.

Tony places the circular disk on the table and presses the button on it. Loki appears through a hologram.

"I have your little spiderman. You know what I want, if you want him back." Loki threatens, making everyone more tense than they already were.

I hear a thud outside and see Thor walking up the porch.

"Your stupid brother is causing trouble again." Tony said, walking up to Thor.

"You don't think I know. What's he after now?"

"I think he wants to be part of the team." Kira said somewhat confidently, walking over to Thor.

"Who are you, child?" Thor questions, looking down at Kira.

"She's my daughter, and her name is Kira." I announce, getting up to pick Kira up.

Thor looks at me surprised. I ignore him, turning my head to look at Kira. "How do you know what Loki wants?" I ask her as I sit back down.

"I tried to read his mind, but it was blank and I could feel his feelings. He felt sadness, like he wanted to be accepted." Kira says looking up at me.

"What am I feeling then?" Banner asks.

Kira stares at him. "You're angry. And you're anxious, scared. You want Peter back."

Banner looks at her then at me, bouncing his gaze back and forth. "Is that what you're feeling?" Tony asks Banner.

Banner nods, staring at Kira wide-eyed. Kira hugs me closer and looks away from Banner. Banner gets up and walks away to his mini lab he had set up the day before.

"Why would Loki have to kidnap Peter though?" Steve says sitting next to me.

"Probably for attention." Nat says, staring at me from the corner of her eye. Kira gets up and walks to the kitchen. She comes back with a frozen water bottle.

I stare at her confused as she crawls into my lap and holds it against her neck.

"It helps me feel better. I don't feel good after yesterday's seizure." She shrugs, waving it off as she looks away from me.

I continue to look at my daughter, my worry evident through my expression.

————————

"So, what's our final decision? Do we let Loki join the team?" Steve asks, standing back up.

"I think we should let him join and give him a chance." Nat says, looking at me.

"I agree." I nod, holding a sleeping Kira. We hear a ship land and see Peter, Thor and Loki walking up the porch.

"So, he's part of the team now, right?" Peter questioned, getting closer to us. We all nod.

Kira jerks up quickly at the sound of Peter's voice. "Peter!!" We all stand up and walk over to Loki and them.

"Loki, we've made a decision. You can be part of the team but this is your only chance to fix things." I say as I hand Kira to Peter.

"I swear on my life that you can trust me from now on." Loki says. I look at Kira.

"He's telling the truth."

I nod to her before turning to stare at Loki. "Oh, this is my daughter Kira, hurt her and you will be dead within seconds." I look him dead in the eyes.

"I wont hurt her, she's a child."

—— a few months later ——

"Kira, I have to go on a mission, okay? Loki is gonna watch you. You're alright for him to watch you?"

Kira hugs me and nods, crying. I gently let go of her, bending down to her height. "You be good for Loki, okay? I'll be back as soon as I can."

After one final hug, I head out towards the Quinjet.

Once on the aircraft with the team, Steve explains the mission to us.

"Rumlow escaped and we think he's at this HYDRA base. We are to destroy the base and capture him. We can't let him get away." Steve has a serious look on his face, matching his mood. He's looking down at the base hologram on the table.