Ch. 1: The Mission

"Kiara Cartier."

Chapter 1: The Mission

The next day, Kiara woke up to loud yelling in the other room. As she opened her eyes wearily, she began to understand the back and forth arguing about who would use the shower first.

"I WOKE UP FIRST!"

"WELL, I WAS IN HERE FIRST!"

"GET OUT, YOU... YOU GOBLIN!"

"AT LEAST I WON'T HAVE TO SPEND AN HOUR MAKING MYSELF LOOK GOOD... UNLIKE YOU! YOU'RE STUCK WITH THAT UGLY FACE!"

"OH, LOOK WHOSE TALKING?"

Kiara groaned, staring at the clock next to her bed. It read 7:03am. She buried her face into her pillow, hoping that it would block the sounds of their shouts. Moving in with the twins meant that she was used to the arguing and fights, but not at this early hour. When she started hearing bangs and cracks of spells, she swore incoherently under her breath and stormed towards the other room.

"Are you both insane?" Kiara shrieked angrily, banging their bedroom door open. Her tired eyes were a brilliant shade of golden. She froze when she saw George tap dancing while Fred was hanging upside down from the ceiling, as an invisible force held his ankle up. "What on earth are you two doing? It's too early for your shenanigans! Some of us are trying to sleep!"

"He wouldn't let me have a shower!" They both cried in unison, pointing at each other stubbornly.

"Honestly," Kiara sighed disapprovingly, waving her wand. "Finite Incantatem." George immediately stopped tap dancing and Fred dropped to the ground, landing on his backside with a loud yelp of pain. "Sorry, Fred!"

"Well, now that I've been injured by my own girlfriend, I guess I'll have a shower first," Fred grumbled, rubbing his bottom. "You know, I think I deserve it after that humiliation and pain."

"Humiliation," George snorted. "I was tap dancing! I think I deserve it, thank you!"

"Not so fast," Kiara replied quickly, holding up her hand. "George can shower first and Fred can use my shower."

"Yippee!" George exclaimed, zipping into the ensuite and slamming the door behind him. They could hear his whoops and cheers of celebration before it was drowned out by the splashing of water.

"Really?" Fred complained, pouting at her from the floor. "Why did you side with him? I'm your boyfriend! We're meant to be a team against him!"

"You're still getting a shower," Kiara rolled her eyes impatiently. "You're just using your old one which is now mine."

"Well, I guess we can share water if that's what you're asking," Fred wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Kiara blushed furiously, her eyes turning purple as she realised what he was hinting at.

"I'm going to go make breakfast alone," She muttered, hiding her red face as she ducked out of the bedroom. She could picture Fred's smirk behind her as he sniggered. "I hate that boy."

When she entered the kitchen, she noticed her owl, Shadow, sitting on the windowsill. She began hooting gleefully at the sight of her owner, extending a leg proudly, drawing attention to the letter that was attached to her.

"Hello girl," Kiara greeted, scratching the top of Shadow's head. "It's been a few days."

At the moment, Shadow mostly stayed at the Burrow with Ron's owl, Pigwidgeon. The two owls seemed to get along and Kiara wasn't the type to say no, she didn't need her owl at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes everyday. Shadow was smart however, and returned to the shop on Mondays when they needed to send out orders for supplies and materials for the following week. As Fred and George didn't have their own owls, Shadow became the best and most reliable option. This time however, it seemed as if Mr and Mrs Weasley used Shadow, rather than the family owl, Errol, to send their letter. Perhaps, Errol couldn't make the distance.