chapter five ; used to this

Start from the beginning

then she crouched down and moved the girl over to have her back on the ground. things went wrong from there.

"Y/N!"

nea screamed loudly at the top of her lungs upon the horrifying sight of the journalist bleeding out: the red liquid spreading from her stomach from her wound, staining her shirt in the process. ever so openly obvious was y/n's eyes dull like a doll, her skin pale as white, and her limbs limp like a corpse. thanks to the exclamation of fright that nea released, her friends had begun running to her location and stopped to see the horrific sight that they saw alongside their dear friend.

"jesus christ!" dwight muttered fearfully to himself. "where is claudette? we need her right now," he looked for the botanist, who arrived on time and quickly went over to the unconscious girl to do her duties. "y/n, sweetie," she called out for the latter, "are you alright? please wake up," she mumbled in a tone so sweet that y/n slowly began to wake up.

it wasn't only the voice that welcomed her consciousness back, but probably because she began to run back to her own being. perhaps she was lost for a split second. catching up with what the botanist said, the girl in pain nodded her head weakly as she felt herself being nursed back to health. "y/n, who did this to you? do you remember?" dwight questioned, crouching down beside the journalist who shut her eye tightly, trying to recall the certain events. 

y/n did her best to think: she never experienced such traumatic events like this before, and damn right she never had felt pain much worse than this one. she only ever knew the beautiful, stinging pain of psychological pain. that's what she thinks, or, that's what we think, right? 

"y-yellow.. jacket.." she weakly muttered in a shaky tone of voice, making laurie raise an eyebrow. "what? yellow jacket?" laurie repeated as y/n nodded a little bit, resulting in the others all taking a seat beside her to catch up with more details the journalist could possibly spill out. 

"I don't think we have seen anyone else wearing a hint of yellow except for the plague, right?" meg inquired as the group nodded, "the rest normally have monotonous colors to their style," the athlete explained.

"it would be a threat to go over to the killer's campsite and stalk them," laurie mumbled, "that'd be creepy."

"why don't we ask the new girl that came, yeah?" meg said, pointing to a certain girl that was sitting down by the campfire.

the said new girl was rubbing her hands together to produce warmth for herself: her hair showed a silver-purple gradient added to it, her outfit in the best shades of purple and white, but her body was shaking due to the cold. her legs were exposed to the cold air, which made her shake even more. though she was dressed so formally, she must have dressed for the wrong avenue.

"who is she?" yui asked, facing the other new survivor. "that's another new survivor, she said her name is yun-jin," meg replied back as she sat down along with the others. "is y/n okay?" she asked as claud nodded.

"she's fine, but she has to at least move slowly whenever she walks. had the wound gotten any deeper in contact she would've woken up a long while later due to blood loss," the botanist explained, "and I'm not good with inner injuries. the least I can do is herbal treatment and ailment.'

"thanks, claud.." y/n thanked her friend who smiled as she helped the journalist up to her feet. "where do you want to go?" laurie said as she held y/n's arm for support. "it's fine guys. I can manage!" she said as she began to walk slowly over to the fashionista survivor, who was currently shivering in her shoes.

she felt light-headed, of course, but she still had to at least pick up some details.

"hey, uhm, you alright?" y/n asked as the purple-dressed girl looked at her as she took a seat right beside her; a wince of pain escaping her mouth quietly. the shivering girl looked at her, still shaking in her clothes. "y-yeah.. I'm just.. cold," yun-jin assured her, seemingly fixing her posture to hide her shaking figure, "how about you? you s-seem.. like you're in pain," she shivered as the journalist let out a small laugh.