The Killer!

Chapter One: The Killer!

A cool breeze blew over the town of Domino. An overall peaceful city, but definitely not the safest. At least, not for criminals. For there was a young man who destroyed all those who dare disturb the peace and harmony of the Earth, and by destroy I mean eliminate. Though he didn't quite look the part, he actually didn't look as if he would commit such an act at all. The young man was a bit short for his age, standing at about 5' 4" while 21 years old.

The man currently sat alone in a 24 hour diner with a cup of cooled black coffee in front of him. He watched the midnight streets out the large window with a bored yet alert expression. A woman, looking to be in her mid thirties and very tired, walked up to his table and asked, "Can I get you anything else?"

He glanced over at her and replied with a simple, "No, I'm fine. I was just about to leave actually."

He then got up and walked out into the cool, windy night. Silently he walked down the empty sidewalk to his next victim's home, Martin Wheeler. Also known as Joseph Wheeler's alcoholic and abusive father, Yami's least favorite kind of parent. Not only will the world be better off without him, but so will his son. Once Joseph's father is out of the way, Joseph will be able to inherit the money left to him and his father by his mother.

Unfortunately though, he'll only inherit about half of the money since his father had blown through more than 2 million in the past year and a half by gambling. Luckily, he'll get enough to sustain a good and long lifetime. After about 20 minutes, Yami had finally arrived at his destination. He jumped up to the window and quietly climbed in. All the lights were off, but he could still see the hundreds of beer cans and bottles that littered the apartment floor.

He made sure to be as quiet as possible when making his way to the drunkards room which proved to be an impossible task as each time he took a step there were beer cans in the way. He found the door that led to the "man" if you can even call him that, he was more like an animal as he surely lived like one. How can a teenager put up with all this for more than a year? He shook his head and pushed the door open with a creak. Light from the full moon poured in from the window by the man's bed as he slept, his loud snores filling Yami's ears.

He had to cover his nose at the very strong smell of alcohol. He coughed, trying to find some clean oxygen. He quickly moved to the man's bedside so he could get this over with and get out of there as soon as possible. He pulled out a dagger from his belt and climbed on top of the passed out man. Putting the knife to the man's neck, he slit his throat in a single fluid motion. Blood splattered everywhere, all over the walls, floor and on Yami. The red liquid gushed out the man's neck as he awoke and gasped for air.

Yami smirked widely and waited until the man's movements stopped. Once they did he dipped two fingers in the blood and drew an Eye of Horus on the wall, the symbol he always used to tell everyone that it was his doing. Yami took a final glance at the still man and smiled at another job well done. He then slipped out of the room and headed for the window. Suddenly though, the front door doorknob started to turn like someone was about to come in...

What happens next? Was Yami caught? Or will Yami still be able to keep himself hidden? And since when are my cliffhangers this nerve racking?!

Find out on the next chapter of In Love with a Killer: Caught or Nought?