He smirked when he saw where her eyes landed for a second—on his enticing pick lips. They were swollen and bruised, his natural lip color darkened. And Averie was not stupid, only stupidly oblivious.

What the fuck was he doing?

The question was more of who.

"What the fuck are you three staring at?"

Averie shook her head and scoffed at his unprofessional appearance and attitude. The least he could do as their boss was be less aggressive. It really made the workspace hostile, she wanted to complain. Instead she just turned her head back down to look at her fingers, stretching the fabric beneath them.

She knew her ideas were beautiful. And she would have loved to see everything in front of her and touchable, but they were only allowed to sew together the lingerie—which Draco had called the centerpiece of all outfits. Averie had to agree with that one.

Draco walked closer to the back, presumably headed for his office door instead of theirs. Before he opened the knob he turned his head slightly to the side. "Parkinson."

Pansy stiffened up from where she was standing, scratching her throat under her grey turtleneck. She fixed her hair quickly before walking suavely into his private office. That was when Averie noticed the spot right under her ear—she held the same bruises Draco did. The fabric was used to try and conceal the marks, but Averie was observant. It was the middle of summer anyways, who would wear such a thick turtleneck?

Her boss was sleeping with his assistant.

Gross.

She was sure they weren't dating only due to how cold he always treated her.

Though Averie may never admit it, in that moment she figured it out, she just felt pure jealousy. Not because she liked him, no. But she knew how it felt like to be under his kisses, under his body. Even if it was a blur now, she still couldn't forget it.

It was unprofessional, she reminded herself.

"So I think Malfoy is a whore."

Averie snapped out of her thoughts by Zara's voice, very casual as if she was reading the newspaper.

"Not surprising. He could probably get with anyone he wants."

"That's also true, when you look like that I'm sure it's hard not to attract everyone within a 10 foot radius." Zara was sifting through her cluttered desk area, looking for something only she knew of.

"It's a shame he's a psycho, really. He could have had a lot going for him," Averie sighed.

"Well he already has a lot going for him. Maybe not a good attitude but he's loaded with everything else."

And it was true—he did get whatever he wanted. He had that power. Everyone around him knew he had power, even Averie the first time she ever saw him in the bar.

"Whatever, he's still a horrible person," she muttered. "And he sort of has the face of a ferret."

That made the two girls giggle until—

"Do I?"

Averie whipped head around at the unexpected voice intrusion, hearing Zara snickering quietly. Of course she would laugh at this happening.

"Who said I was talking about you?" she half smirked.

"I may be a horrible person but I'm not deaf or stupid, Wilson. Don't play dumb."