-2-

- Lucas's P.O.V -

To say I was shocked was an understatement. How did she, out of all the people know? I wasn't that obvious was I? No, no then Kiera would know. Maybe this is some kind of trap to get me to actually tell her my true feelings for Kiera. Yeah, that's it, she just wants to ruin my chances with her, but what if she could help me? Ha, no. She wouldn't do that, she is my mortal enemy after all. Before I could argue anymore with myself she spoke up.

"Well, bye, oh and good luck with those notes," she said as she started to walk away.

This was a dumb idea. I shouldn't ask her.

You should dumbass.

No, then I would owe her something.

Yeah, but you will also get the love of your life.

Love of my life? No, I just like Kiera, I don't love her, right?

Idiot.

Shut up subconsciousness.

Before I could even comprehend what I was doing, I called out to her.

"Hey! Wait," I ran up to her as she turned around. Now or never. Okay, here it goes.

"Uh, how do you know?" I asked, this was pathetic and wrong on so many levels.

"You make it quite obvious," She said with a flat look.

"Uh, so, I was wondering, since you, uh, know could you maybe, help me?" I stammered out.

She just looked at me with disbelief as if I said the most atrocious thing. It wasn't that bad, I was just asking her help to get to Kiera. She was a girl and she seemed to know Kiera. Which if I think about it, since when?

"Hey, how do you even know Kiera?" I voiced my thoughts.

The look of disbelief didn't even compare to the last one. I was genuinely confused, it was just a question. Then her look of disbelief turned into understanding, and then smug. Now I was scared. This was a bad idea, to ask her for help. Not only did I confirm any suspicions she might have had about my feelings for Kiera, but it seemed like I also made a fool of myself twice under 10 minutes, and now Lavender was giving me a mischievous look. But of course, instead of playing it safe, I just dived in again, head first.

"So? Will you help me?" I asked giving the best puppy eyes I could do. People always said I had the most irresistible puppy eyes, and I can't even count how many times I have taken advantage of that. Instead of melting at the sight of my puppy face, she just had a smug look.

"Keep dreaming lover boy," and with that, she walked away, leaving me standing in the middle of the empty hallway; shocked. Not to sound egotistical but no one in my seventeen years- almost eighteen- of life had ever said no to my puppy face. I mean I did expect that someone in this world would be able to resist my puppy face, but I just didn't expect to meet them so soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that awkward and embarrassing encounter in the hallway, I quickly went to the cafeteria and took a seat at my usual table where Aiden and Jake were arguing about something, and Aria was just shaking her head while she ate her lunch. I sat beside Jake and leaned forward to ask Aria what was going on.

"What are they arguing about?" I whispered to her, she sighed before replying in a low whisper.

"Some movie."

I sighed as I sat back down in my seat, this was quite normal for them to be arguing about movies. I zoned out their conversation as I replayed the events that occurred only mere minutes ago.

"Hey, guys?" I started, to get their attention, they both turned to me as well as Aria.

"How does Orchid know Kiera?" I asked. A wave of confusion passed them until realization hit them, of what? I have no idea.

"You mean Rose?" Aiden asked. Ah, now I understand.

"Yeah, yeah Sunflower," I said, and gave them a small nod to continue, but they just looked at me in disbelief. Why does everyone keep giving me that look?

"Why are you guys giving me that look?" I asked because this was seriously getting annoying.

"You're kidding right?" Aria asked.

"What can I be kidding about?"

"You're as blind as an orange," Aiden stated.

"but-" I started but was cut off.

"That's the point," Aiden replied to my unfinished question.

"Hey, why are you so rude today?" I asked with a slight pout. It was true though.

"Luke, honestly, h-how can you be obsessed with someone for years and not know who they are around. All the time!" Aria said exasperated.

"Why are you all ganging up on me? I just asked a question," I said.

"Rose is Kiera's best friend you dimwit, along with Eliza," Jake sighed out.

I was just staring at them with my mouth open. What have I done? I didn't just tell my greatest enemy about my feeling but also her best friend. This is just fantastic.

"What did you do?" Jake asked.

"Well... I kind of asked Violet for help with Kiera," I rushed out.

"WHAT?" all three of them said in unison, a couple of people turned around to see what was going on before going back to their conversations.

"Why?" Aria asked after calming down a little. Even though she was younger she always acted like a big sister to me, especially when I was trying to impress Kiera, always giving me tips and pointers. I was really grateful for her and also happy for Aiden that he found such a nice girl.

So I started to go over the events of the hallway to the three of them.

After hearing the story, they were silent for a few seconds.

"Well damn," Jake said as he proceeded to eat his lunch.

Well damn indeed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that conversation during lunch, we kind of just avoided the topic. Instead, we decided that the boys and I will go to my house after school and think of something to get Jasmine on our side, but also for a plan that will keep her quiet. All the while Aria goes to talk to the girls since she knows them. When that happened I have no idea.

Now thinking back to our current plan it sounded as if we were some kind of criminals and Lilac found out about our secret or something. I mean it was true to some extent, not the criminal part but she did find out about a secret. Lunch finished in 5 minutes, so now Jake and I were headed to our lockers to quickly grab our books before heading off to History. Aiden had left for Phycology and Aria had Spanish.

History wasn't all that different, the teacher was going on and on about this semester's curriculum, and assignment grades. One and a half an hour later we were finally done, and we didn't get blessed with homework, yet. Jake and I headed to the field to meet the coach to discuss the season. It was pretty boring because we just went over a few games from last year, and different strategies we would be practicing.

Now we could finally be done with school and go home, for today.

Let the planning commence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the second chapter, the next chapter won't be out for a while but I hope you enjoyed this one.

What do you think their plan is going to be?

Word Count: 1344

Published: 14th May 2021

-The_Thoughts21