Melancholy Melody

Start from the beginning

Outside, Melody walked down the street with her hands in her pockets, looking up at the sky. Melody felt terrible for leaving so quickly but had to get out of the house for a bit to avoid breaking into tears in front of her best friend and the other Trolls.

As she strolled down the street, she saw a Magic Techno father place his Magic Rock daughter on his shoulders and gave her a piggyback ride. Melody held back built-up tears as she tried to walk away from the scene as best as she could, muttered to herself, "I just need to go somewhere where I can think."

She soon found herself wandering into the Music Areas, entering the underground Funk Bar, "Hey, there's a bar here if I remember. Aggie went here to drink when the leaders went to that program a while back. I'm all alone...and no one is here to tell me no... maybe one drink couldn't hurt? Anything to just rid me of my misery."

Melody then saw a table set outside the bar as a Magic Funk Troll was giving away free bottles of punch, declaring, "Come on and all! Be the first 100 Trolls to get a free bottle of our special fruit punch!"

Getting an idea, Melody approached the table as the Magic Funk Troll noticed her, "Hey, you're one of those Normal Trolls, right?"

Melody nodded, "Yes sir. I heard you're giving away free punch bottles. Could...I have one?"

The Magic Funk Troll narrowed his eyes at Melody, "You look a little young. Are you sure you can handle this stuff? It's good, but too much of it will make you hazy."

Melody replied sadly, "I can handle it. I'm 16, I'm tough enough."

The Magic Funk Troll saw Melody's facial expression become sad as he asked, "Hey, I don't wanna pry on you, but...are you okay?"

Melody sighed and said, "I'm okay, just... having a rough day is all."

The Magic Funk Troll felt bad for Melody as he then picked up one of the bottles and gave it to her, saying, "Here, take this. Even if you can't drink it, giving it to someone might help you feel a bit better."

Melody showed a small smile as she said, "Thank you, um...

I'm sorry. I don't know your name, sir." The Magic Funk Troll smiled and replied, "Just call me Jerry. And hey, if you ever need to talk, feel free to come by. Just mention my name to the waiter."

Melody nodded, "Okay, thank you, sir," she walked away with the bottle of punch.

Melody soon left Funk Bar and was on her way back when she stopped by the park and saw a small Magic Classical family having a picnic together. Their daughter was eating a sandwich when her father leaned over and tapped her gently on the nose, covering it with whipped cream from the bowl of whipped cream and strawberries they had out. The girl and her father laugh while Melody could feel tears stream down her face again as she used her sleeve to wipe them away before walking away from the scene.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she started to walk back to the condo, Melody looked at the bottle and then sadly said to herself, "I need something to cure my sadness now. If I have to see more father-daughter-son things today, I'm probably going to burst into tears and lose my mind!"

Melody then proceeded to unscrew the top of the bottle and took a shaky breath in and out, saying, "Down the hatch," she took a sip from the bottle. She swallowed the liquid before opening her eyes, "Hey... this is pretty good. Sweet, refreshing and... I feel a bit better. Hmm...if one sip helped me feel a little bit better, I wonder what another sip would do."