"Pools of Sorrow, Waves of Joy are Drifting Through My Opened Minds"

September 1st, 1971

"...and if you both don't behave, know that your cousin will report to us, do you understand? Sirius, stop ogling the Mudbloods and look at your mother when she speaks to you. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mother."

"Alright. Say goodbye, Regulus."

Regulus, who stood next to Kreacher, a distraught look on his face, looked up at the sound of his name. His eyes met his sisters immediately. "No! You can't leave just yet, LJ! You just can't leave me!" He flung himself on her small body, wrapping his arms around her torso.

"Regulus, what have I said about calling your sister by that ludicrous nickname! And stop fussing!" Walburga grabbed the back of her youngest's cloak and pulled him to her side.

Lyra-Jade's chin quivered. "It's alright, Reggie-Regulus. We will see you in the Winter, and we will write all the time, w-won't we Sirius?"

Sirius was staring in awe at the witches and wizards walking around him.

 "Sirius?"

He snapped his head down to his crying brother. "Yeah." He muttered.

"And you'll write me all about Hogwarts? And about the Quidditch field? And about the Slytherin common room?"

"Yes, yes, we will." She looked to Sirius. "Well, I will. I Swear it."

With one last scolding from their Mother and promise to their brother, Lyra-Jade and Sirius Black walked hand in hand onto the Hogwarts Express for the very first time.

Sirius led his sister to the first empty compartment he saw. With a grin, he took her bag from her hand, placed it above their heads, and sat down, patting the spot next to him for her to fill. She sat quietly and looped her arm through his.

"I'm going to miss Reggie," she sighed, resting her braided head on his shoulder, "Oh, I hope he will be okay. He's going to be all alone with no one but Kreacher to keep him company."

He snorted. "He'll be just fine, LJ. You know he's Mother and Father's favorite. Probably won't miss us two one bit."

Lyra-Jade opened mouth to tell her brother that, no, parents can't have favorites! And, yes, he will miss us!

Her rebuttal was interrupted by two boys bombarding into the compartment. She groaned. Sirius shook off her head from his shoulder and pushed back his hair.

"Oi, can me and this feller sit here? It the only side open that faces the side that me Mum and Pop are." Asked the taller of the boys. Lyra-Jade eyed him carefully. He looked pretty Posh, but certainly didn't sound it. He had quite the mop of dark brown hair and very obviously needed a haircut. He had circular glasses that sat on his button nose that reminded Lyra-Jade of an old man.

"Sure," shrugged her brother indifferently. She shot him a funny look, knowing he was trying to act "cool". All summer he would spend hours explaining to her the persona he was planning on adopting once they went to school.

"Like Bowie," He would tell her. "I'm going to be cool like Bowie." Lyra-Jade always responded with a confused face. What the hell was a Bowie?

"Thanks!" The tall boy said, dragging the much smaller boy behind him. The smaller boy had red cheeks, as though embarrassment came to him by simply entering a train compartment.

The tall boy sat across from Sirius, looking out the window, searching for his parents, Lyra-Jade assumed. The short boy sat across from her, smiling shyly.