[004] prince in dull armor.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

| 𝑆𝑃𝐿𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐸𝑅𝐸𝐷 𝑆𝑂𝑈𝐿𝑆. |

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟʟᴀ ɴᴇᴡʙʏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ʙᴏʏs
ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ.

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟʟᴀ ɴᴇᴡʙʏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ʙᴏʏsᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ

𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 | 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑𝑜 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑎𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑡.

𝑁𝐸𝐴𝑇𝐿𝑌 𝐷𝐸𝐶𝑂𝑅𝐴𝑇𝐸𝐷 𝑃𝐴𝑅𝐿𝑂𝑅𝑆 𝐴𝑁𝐷
𝐴 𝐺𝐼𝑅𝐿 𝑊𝐻𝑂 𝐷𝑂𝐸𝑆𝑁'𝑇 𝐴𝐶𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐴 𝐺𝐼𝑅𝐿.

(ᴛᴡ; ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ ɪɴᴊᴜʀʏ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DANIELLA'S STILL MUDDY SHOES skidded against the concrete of Mike's driveway, bringing her bike to a stop. She nodded at the girl, who was standing on the pegs of her bike, and motioned for her to get off, which she did hesitantly. Daniella let her bike fall onto its side and, taking the girl's hand in her own, the two girls walked towards Mike's front door, which was being held open by a smiling Dustin.

Daniella watched Lucas and Mike swing open the door to what looked like the Wheeler's basement, but she couldn't move her feet away from the plush carpet of the living room. The house was infinitely different to the house that Daniella had lived in for the past twelve years of her life, with two stories, a huge dining room that could be seen from the door, and lots of expensive-looking decorations. Golden knick-knacks sat upon white shelves and a rough rug covered the hardwood planks at the entrance of the house. A perfect house for a perfect family.

Droplets of water hung from the end of Daniella's braid, and they ran down her back, making her shiver. Before she could get too carried away and begin to roam the house with an awestruck expression, Daniella walked through the door towards the basement, thanking Mike for waiting for the two girls. Lucas and Dustin were already standing in the middle of the room as Daniella led the soaking girl over to the couch and sat her down with a reassuring pat on her shoulder.

"So, you don't know her?" Mike asked Daniella, pointing at the bald girl that she was stepping away from. She shook her head patiently, despite her having done the dme gesture for the past three times he had asked the same question.

"No, I've never seen her before. The first time I saw her was when you guys did," Daniella explained in her airy voice as she placed her backpack against the foot of the couch.

The girl on the couch wouldn't look away from where her eyes were trained on the floor, her breath coming in heavy pants. The short hair on the top of her head had accumulated drops of rain, and they dripped down her forehead and into her eyes. She didn't bother to wipe them away. Mike's thick jacket was draped over her shoulders, but she continued to shiver from the damp shirt that clung to her skin.