"It's me sir, Agent Stone" Robotnik stared meekly into his eyes, before looking around cautiously.

 "Let me just-" Agent Stone flicked on his phones light, eliminating the now slightly visible lab. He put down the phone so it was positioned with the light shining onto them. 

'I don't want you-' Robotnik stuttered, trying to force the useless words out his mouth. To see me like this

Stone hushed Robotnik. "Don't worry Sir, there was an issue with the power station towers, they are getting them fixed as soon as they can" Robotnik stared blankly. "Doctor, did you hear me?" Stone asked, "Are you alright?" He said in his gentlest voice.

 A nod would suffice. "I am going to try and get your heart rate and breathing slowed and to a healthy rate, Ok sir?" Robotnik nodded again. "Firstly, we can do some breathing exercises ok?" Robotnik nodded his head slightly. "In for six seconds, hold for four, out for five." 

"Breath in"

"Breath out"

Robotnik's breathing had slowed to a reasonable pace now and he was feeling slightly more relaxed and comfortable. Robotnik closed his eyes and thought about what would have happened if Agent Stone hadn't have been there, about how he was such a good person even after Robotnik was constantly verbally abusing him and degrading him, and how he stuck with Robotnik no matter what the issue was. 

"Is there anything else I can do for you sir?" Stone interrupted Robotnik's train of thought.

 'Never mention this to anyone.' He hissed

 "Your privacy is everything to me Doctor." He replied with a slight smile.

 The room was plunged into silence. "Do you want to talk about it sir? Talking usually makes me feel better after I have a panic attack" 

'I did not have a panic attack!-' Robotnik said, flustered, 'Panic attacks are a feeble human issue! I, such a genius, am above such things!'

Silence befell them again.

"How long do you think it will take for the Power lines to be fixed?" Stone asked, in an attempt to fill the void of silence. 

'Another hour, but if I was fixing it, ten minutes'

Another bout of silence overcame them.

"Would you like me to go now sir?"

'No!' Robotnik blurted out, 'Don't go.' He pleaded. He didn't know what he was saying. Why was he so desperate for Stone to stay?

"I will not if you don't want me to."

Robotnik and Agent Stone sat against the wall staring into the darkness absently. Stone would throw glances at Robotnik from time to time to see if he was still ok. He watched Robotnik's hands. He would click and crack them, that being the only sound other than their own breathing.  

 "Doctor?" Stone asked.

'Hm?'

"Would you like me to hold you hand, Doctor? Strictly for protection needs of course."

Robotnik looked down at the scab on his hand which he had be subconsciously picking at and sighed. 

'That would be nice.'

 Stone was taken aback by this. Robotnik hated and physical contact with anyone. Stone shifted closer to Robotnik and held his cold hand, feeling over his bony knuckles, rubbing them with his thumb. 

"You shouldn't over work yourself so much.." Stone muttered, quietly enough that Robotnik didn't hear. 

"Sir?"

'What now?'

"Would you like to position myself and you so I am more able to defend you if anything were to go wrong?"

Robotnik considered this for a few moments. He knew he wanted it. He sighed and replied.

'Yes, that would be good Stone. For protection I mean.'

Stone moved Robotnik into his arms, holding his close his his chest. Robotnik relaxed in the Agents arms his eyelids beginning to become heavy. He battled against the urge to close his eyes, flicking them open whenever they begin to shut. After minutes of war, he lost against sleep. His eyes were closed and he was snoring quietly.

When he awoke, the bright red lights of the lab were illuminating all his machines and blueprints. Everything was where he had left it, his pens and pencils scattered over his desk as always, the crumpled coffee cups lying on the desk. The only thing new was a steaming cup of coffee. He awkwardly got up and stumbled over to his desk, his legs numb as if they had been put under anaesthetic from the long night of sitting down by the wall. He wrapped his hand around the cup of warm fresh coffee and sipped it, the refreshing liquid running down his throat, relief washing over him. He sat down at his desk, cracked his knuckles and began to continue scribbling over his blueprints. As he scribbled his thoughts drifted to Agent Stone and how understanding he was and how amazing he was. He smiled at that thought.