Chapter 11: Lady Takes Charge

It was a bright day on Paradise Island, and Thomas was talking with Scotsman, Mallard and Dick. "Do you know what?" asked Thomas. "What?" asked Mallard. "The work is getting a bit too much for us all," said Thomas, "So (Y/N) is getting a new mainline and tank engine to help out." "Rubbish," said Scotsman, "Anyone could do it! If you chatted less, and worked more, the yard would be a happier, and sweeter place, and you would be working on your branch line." Thomas steamed off to find some coaches. "Those big engines are just full of themselves!" he said, "I don't like it!" Edman helped out, but Thomas was exhausted be the time he was finished. The trucks played tricks, and the coaches behaved poorly. (Y/N) came into the yard, and said, "You look tired Thomas. What's wrong?" "I've been worked off my wheels," said Thomas, "I don't know if I'm standing on my wheels or my cab." "You seem right side up to me," said (Y/N), "Take a rest, tomorrow, the new engines will arrive, and I want you to show them around. I believe you have some history with them."

The next morning, the new engines puffed into the yard.

"This is Lady and Spencer," said (Y/N), "They'll be helping out

"This is Lady and Spencer," said (Y/N), "They'll be helping out. Thomas, I want you to show Lady around and teach her the yard." "Yes ma'am," said Thomas, and the two puffed away. 

Thomas showed Lady what she needed to do. Soon, the trucks played tricks on Thomas, but regretted playing them on Lady. She biffed them hard. "OH, OH, OH!!" they cried. The coaches behaved, though Scotsman, Mallard, Spencer, and Dick did not. Very soon, the big engines, along with Gordon and James started to order Lady and the other little engines about. 

Percy was fed up. "Not this again!" he said. "It's history repeating itself," said Duck. Thomas then said something to the other engines. Henry, Oltan Hall and Penny heard, and said that they wanted to help as well. (Y/N) was enjoying sometime with her wife, but the phone rang. "Hello?" she said, "What?.... The engines are doing what?" "Need to head off?" asked her wife. "Yes," said (Y/N), "There's a disturbance."

Thomas, Percy, Duck, Oliver, Toby, Edman, Henry, Penny, Oltan Hall, Lady, Diesel and Diesel 10 sat outside the sheds, blocking Gordon, James, Spencer, Mallard, Scotsman, and Dick. (Y/N) then arrived, and said, "SILENCE!! What is going on?" "They won't let us in!" said Dick. "Lady, explain this behavior." "Beg your pardon ma'am," said Lady, "But I am the lost engine, and may not know that much about the railways, but I do know, that we are not ordered about by other engines! We will of course move, if you order us to, but please, if you would inform these, um..... engines, that we only take orders from you." Mallard blew his whistle, while Dick blew his horn. "QUIET!!!" yelled (Y/N), "Everyone, I am pleased with your work today, but not with your behavior. YOU have caused a disturbance. Mallard, Scotsman, Spencer, and Dick chuckled, while Gordon and James prepared for a scolding. "AS FOR YOU!!!" said (Y/N), turning on her heel, "YOU'VE been worse! YOU made the disturbance! I thought you would learn from this Gordon and James! Lady is quite right, this is MY railway, and I GIVE THE ORDERS!!"

For their punishment, the engines were once more fitted with shunting trains. Mallard, Scotsman, Spencer, and Dick groaned. Gordon and James just did their work without complaining. (Y/N) was pleased that they don't complain anymore, so she relieved them earlier. Soon, Lady was taking local trains on the branchline, while she still shunted in the yards. Thomas is happy to have another engine helping out, much to the jealousy of Percy and Toby, but that's another story.