chapter 1

Hi there! I'm Emily. I'm a babysitter with my bestie Lexi. I take care of kids while their parents are busy working. I love hanging out with kids because they take my mind off things that happen at home and make me forget about reality even though only for a while. But... enough of that. Let's get into my story.

"Emily! Get your ass out of bed and make me breakfast now, you worthless wh*re!" My stepmother, Michelle shouted. "I'm coming, Mother!" I answered, afraid. I wish my stepmother would stop abusing me, but it's not like my wish can just happen. "I'm sorry I didn't make breakfast yet."

"Sorry ain't gonna cut it, you worthless girl, you should've died instead of your father!" She answered harshly.

Mother threw a vase at me, and it shattered some pieces cutting my sides. "I'm sorry Mother, I woke up late."

She scoffed. "You are worthless you should've died instead of your father but it's all your mother's fault. If she just hadn't crashed the car, then he still would've been here and I bet he would hurt you as bad as I am."

"I'll... just go to work now, Mother," I answered. "Make sure you're back before 6 to make dinner otherwise I am going 5o punish you even if you're slightly late and it will be a lot worse than now." She just nodded at her so-called mother.

"Now get out!"

.

I arrived at the office. My best friend Lexie was there. "Hey, Lexie," I said. "Omg, Emily! You look like she*t, did your stepmother do this to you?" She asked, worry on her face. "Please Lexie," I started. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Emily, you have to talk to the police! Every time I see you, you are always hurt and it makes me so upset seeing you in pain."

"I can't. She threatened to hurt you if I go to the police. So please, just let it go."

"Fine, I will leave it now. But we are gonna talk about this later."

Just seconds later, a man and a little girl came from the door. "Are you Emily Robinson and Lexie Hamilton?" He asked.

"Yes, we are," Lexie answered. "I was wondering if you could babysit my little sister for a few hours, cause I have things to do." Emily smiled and answered. "Yes, of course." Then she turned to the little kid. "Hi I'm Emma, you look pretty!" She said with sparkling eyes.
Emily smiled at the girl, "Hi Emma; I'm Emily and this is my bestie, Lexie."

"How old are you, Emma?" Asked Lexie.

"4." She answered. Emily turned to Lexie. "Can you show her where to put her stuff, Lexie?" Asked Emily. And so, Lexie and Emma left.

"So how much do you charge for 3 hours?" The man that I still didn't know the name of, asked. "We don't have set amounts, we let the caregivers decide how much they pay because we know it's expensive to get good and professional babysitters. Also, what's your name? You still didn't tell it." Emily finished. "Oh right, my name's Ryder. And that's very kind of you guys, I mean that fact that you let the caregivers choose how much to pay."

Just then, Emma came and hugged me tight, as I flinched in pain. "Ah!"

"Did I do something wrong..?' asked Emma. "No sweetie, you didn't..." I answered trying to hide my pain. "I'm just a little sore."

"Are you sure you're ok?" Asked Ryder. "You didn't seem fine before."

"I'm fine," I answered, faking a small smile. "I'm just clumsy." I finished. I then turned to Emma once again. "Anyway... What do you wanna do today, hmm? I mean, you are our only friend today."

.

Ryder's POV

Hmm, Emily's hiding something... She looked so in pain. I have to find out what she's hiding. What could've happened to her ribs? But... other than that, I think I'm falling in love, she's so pure. Sweet and Innocent. Just then, my phone rang. I got inside my car and answered it.