Graffiti Art --Part 6--

Eve's P.O.V.

"Misaki Kamikita, the unsung poet and hero of the Second World War." I spoke, "Her story and her life not only told tales of passionate activism, fine arts, and history unfolding-"

"They also express the modern day fight between those better off than others and the ones being harmed in the process. Our prejudices, our morals, our resilience," [First Name] continued.

We looked at each other and nodded. "Thank you for listening," we bowed. The presentation was over.

~~~

We walked down the hallways after the last bell, admiring the campus. I did originally think that rich kids were snakes, but I met a few that contradicted my view. Kamikita grew on me, as she spoke out against our prejudices, internalized or not. The only prejudice I have now is which brand of paint is more superior than the other. 

She stopped in front of a bare cherry blossom tree, flowers only disappeared two months ago. 

"Hey [First Name]."

"Yes?" She said sweetly.

"Remember those things I said to you? Insulting you and saying threatening things I should never say to a girl. Calling you and your friends snobs... and," I shrugged, embarrassed. "Those things. I'm sorry. I meant them before, but now I can't tolerate things like that." 

She pouted. "Apology accepted. You know, I noticed growth from both you and me ever since we met. I am really glad that we did this project together."

"Me too."

"But I would also like to apologize," She stood up straight and looked me into the eyes, sternly. "I never knew the desperation you and your family and with your background went through. The fact that I called your mom disgusting despite her earning most the money in your household and calling poor people rats. I express remorse."

I run my hand through her head. "You know you can speak in informal tongue to me, correct?"

She shakes her head and chuckles. "My bad. I was taught say sorry in very professional ways. I guess it's because I'm raised around people who are expected to do so... You know, you can act like a rich person."

I throw my head back in laughter. "You really think so?"

"Uh, yeah? Duh. What was that back there?" She pointed at me and mocks, "'You know you can speak in informal tongue to me.' Ooh."

~~~

We agreed to meet up later tonight for dinner- I also slipped her a note. I hope she reads it. I was really excited because we've never actually dated seriously. Well, If one doesn't count the library trips and house visits for study, though.

For now, I had time for myself, and I decided to pay the boys a visit. Soraru kept his promise and found a place for the Outsiders to hang out, finish our art, and legally showcase it. The place was already old and abandoned and the police could care less about it. It was also next to the railroad. Sometimes, dirt and trash would come and scrape the paint. But it was no big deal. Fixing things were easy, maybe the scrapes can make the mural better. 

Mafumafu and Amatsuki were working on the newest piece I sketched a couple weeks ago- after I was released from... I hate to say it. Jail? I guess?

A girl, surrounded by desolation, but her figure surrounded by light. My Raison D'etre. 

The two had already gotten her outline and upper bust in shape, checking and double checking my sketch to see if they had gotten it accurate. I joined them, naturally.