The Flames of Battle

Nightmare stood before his troops although they had failed to kill Siegfried the commander of the malfested Nightmare had sent to do the job had achieved a great kill of the monk Kilik that was also a threat. As Nightmare observed the troops standing behind the commander who awaited either grace or punishment from the Azure Knight, they all stood silently watching him scan them all sword in hand pondering the report from the commander. Nightmare looked at the commander and raised his sword to the commanders helmet, motioning for him to kneel Nightmare brought his sword to point straight up as the commander knelt Nightmare declared loudly.

"Commander you have failed in your mission to kill the paladin Siegfried, however you took advantage of an opportune moment and killed the monk Kilik.""I have considered the circumstances carefully and have come to the decision that all though you have failed your main objective you made an acceptable decision to cut casualties to a minimum."

The commander relaxed a noticeable amount, Nightmare brought the sword down gently tapping the malfested's pauldrons declaring as he rested the sword next to him.

"I deem you worthy to receive the mark of a malfested tactician, arise now Tactical Commander of the Elite Malfested."

The Commander stood, and applause broke out from behind. Nightmare held his deformed hand up calling for silence, he placed the hand on the commanders helmet and released a bolt of dark electricity. The commanders helmet was scorched with a dark circle around the eyelets.As the ceremony neared its end a ball of fire exploded on a tree, and a small force of paladins burst through the brush.

"Paladins!" One of the malfested screamed.

"Gather your arms!" Nightmare bellowed.

The paladins and a mob of the malfested clashed together, many of the malfested were slain and black dust  had clouded the battle field, Nightmare and the new Tactical Commander stood before the battle as more malfested were slain and more of the brush caught fire, the commander hollered to some units.

"Get some water on this brush, do not let the camp burn!"The troops rushed to their duty as more flaming balls flew threw the air causing more brush to catch.Nightmare picked up his sword and walked into the smoke with the commander following close behind advising not to join the battle but Nightmare did not listen he continued to walk through the battle.A paladin turned and swung his sword at Nightmare who raised his own, blocking the attack he lifted a leg and kicked the paladin who flew backwards before crashing into a burning tree. The other malfested saw their lord enter the battle and quickly retreated out of path, the paladins noticed this and charged Nightmare. The first two attacked together but Nightmare had a demented form of Siegfried's hand and a half sword that easily blocked the two smaller blades. Nightmare spun stripping the soldiers of their weapons, and on the second swing he brought his sword across both of their bodies effectively cutting them both in two, two more paladins rushed him the first was driven into the ground by an overhead swing, the second was captured by the deformed hand.  Nightmare continued to walk through the forest with the captured Paladin squirming to free himself from the claw, as Nightmare emerged from the forest the catapults the paladins used to siege the forest came into view. Three paladins, only two catapults were there which explained the slower rate of attack, Nightmare let loose a blast of lightning into the paladin in his deformed arm. The Paladin screamed and writhed trying desperately to escape, but his struggle only lasted a few seconds before he became lifeless and Nightmare released his corpse to clatter to the ground. Nightmare raised his sword and the remainder of his horde gathered behind him still a force of over one hundred malfested, as he dropped his arm the horde swarmed forward, the paladins did not have enough time to change the target of the catapults and were quickly overrun and bludgeoned in mere minutes.