Part 4 | H E R • T R U T H

Start from the beginning

"Elijah? W-what are you doing here?" I question.

It's a Friday and I don't see him nor Elizabeth till next Tuesday. Elijah played with the ring around his finger as he met my gaze. "Well. Since you're doing something generous I decided to thank you by taking you out for Lunch." he admitted. Hope flashing in his eyes.

Okay I will admit this is weird because A- none of my customers have ever done something generous enough to thank me for my work and B- the thought crossed my mind that Elijah was thinking about me and drove all the way here just to take me out for lunch.

Weird, but I will overthink shit like I always do. If this is the Universe giving me an opportunity to spend quality time with Elijah I will gladly not allow the potential to go to waste.

Although to me this might feel wrong because of the attraction I have toward him but for Elijah he sees it in a different perspective. A friendly thank you.

Elijah mumbled something under his breath then turned on his heel to face Josephine.

"So Are you hungry?" He asked, I offered him a nervous laugh.

I was amused by his question.

"Y-yes. A little bit." I answered, and he looked pleased by my response. "There is this café, not far from here. They have the best cakes, since you are a fan of desserts...would you like to join me?" He asked. He kept looking at me, patiently waiting for my response.

I sneaked a glimpse at my studio then back at Elijah.

I do have a few things I have to organize before I leave...

I want  to say yes. But something is pulling me back from having lunch with Elijah. "I just don't want to have lunch alone." He added, hoping it will convince me to have lunch with him. I hesitated to speak at first but thought about it for a second.

It's just lunch. I reminded herself. Nothing suspicious.

"Alright." I said,

Elijah smiled softly then opened the door. "I'll be in the car." He told me then walked away. I nodded. As I ran back into my office to grab my things, I questioned if this was wrong.

It's just lunch, nothing wrong about that. It's not like his cheating on his fiancé with me... I thought to myself.

"Josephine?"

"Josephine..." Elijah repeated as he admired me.

I flustered and looked out the café window, watching as people and cars passed by.
I turned my attention back to Elijah and smiled. "It has a ring to it." Elijah simply said as he took a bite of his cheesecake he ordered earlier. I chuckled and took a deep breath then said. "Yeah, I guess."

"So what got you into art?" He questioned.
I stiffened. My heart paused for a second and I started to fidget with my hands, avoiding eye contact with the man sitting in-front of me. Elijah noticed that something was off and he cleared his throat, noticing the tension. "I'm guessing it's something not pretty." He utters, regretting the question he asked. I lifted up my gaze to him and we locked eyes. I noticed a little bit of guilt flashed on his face and he quickly replaced it with a small smile.