Chapter 3

Mentions of mild panic attack and violence ahead.

***

The next morning came with sunlight filtering through the gaps of the dark curtains and comforting warmth plastered to his back. Jimin stirred with a pleasant yawn, rubbing the sleep off his eyes as he lay there basking in his boyfriend's embrace. He blindly reached for his phone switching off his alarm before it blared and ruined the peace of the morning.

When he had enough fill of his morning cuddle, he turned in Jungkook's arms to face him or more like observe him and try to etch every inch of his face into his memory. Jungkook was so beautiful, especially in his sleep. He looked so peaceful and young. He traced his cute nose with the tip of his finger before running it along his thin lips that were slightly parted.

He pressed his palm flat over his sculpted chest before leaning in to press his lips on his, savoring the soft feel of his lips. Jungkook hummed in his sleep but did not wake up. Jimin pulled away with a smile, taking his time to trace the soft ridges of his tattoo lines, especially the huge dragon that covered most of his upper torso.

As much as he found Jungkook intimidating, he was also drawn to him like a moth to a flame since the beginning. The same gaze that had reminded him of his nightmare and froze him to his place also gave him butterflies in his stomach. But then there was his smile that changed his entire demeanor in a second. The first time he saw his smile, Jimin was a goner.

It happened after their first date when Jungkook dropped him off in front of his apartment complex. The dinner was comfortable though their conversation was very minimal on Jimin's part. He kept his answers in one or two words. Not to mention the meal cost almost half a quarter of his monthly salary. But he had to be prideful and demand that he paid half of the bill.

Afterward, they had both sat in the car feeling awkward about the entire thing. When Jungkook leaned in to help with his seatbelt that was stuck, he'd mistaken it for his attempt to kiss and told him outright he didn't kiss on his first date or the second.

Jungkook had flashed a genuine smile before telling him, "I don't kiss any of my dates."

That time it sounded absurd and even arrogant.

"Good."

Jimin had rolled his eyes before getting out of the car and walking away without so much a good night or a thank you. He was convinced it was a one-time thing because of how awkward both were the entire time. But Jungkook surprised him by asking him out on another date. The rest was history.

Jimin snuggled into his boyfriend's naked chest, breathing in content. He didn't even bother to think how or when they had reached the bedroom last night. It happened too often. He remembered falling asleep on top of Jungkook on the couch last night.

Two hours later, when they were eating breakfast Jimin broke the silence. "Is everything okay?" he asked. Jungkook had been tense since last night. Even in the shower, he had been zoned out with barely any teasing though he clung to him more than usual.

Jungkook blinked slowly, looking up from his plate. The frown was still in place. "Huh?"

Jimin put a hand over his. "You seem troubled. Is everything alright?"

"Y-Yeah." He nodded. "Just some work-related stuff."

"Do you wanna tell me about it?"

Jungkook shook his head. "Not really. It's no big deal."

Jimin retrieved his hand going back to his breakfast. Jungkook was like this. He didn't like talking about stuff and Jimin didn't push him if he wasn't willing. "I'm here if you ever wanna talk."