Ch. 7 - Hotel Room

Start from the beginning

She spotted a bag of cat treats and grabbed them from the nightstand. This caught the cat's attention as she watched Kitsurio carefully.

Kitsurio pulled one out of the bag. "You gotta come here if you want it." She bargained. The cat took a few steps forward on the kitchen counter but didn't move any closer than that. "Here how about this." She set the treat at the foot of the bed, just out of her arms reach.

The cat watched skeptically as if she were weighing her options, until finally she jumped on the bed and ate the treat, never once taking her eyes off of Kitsurio.

Another treat was pulled from the bag and she held it in her palm. She didn't speak, she just held it for the white cat. The feline stalked forward slowly before cautiously taking it from her hand.

Kitsurio watched excitedly as the cat settled down before her, the two staring at each other curiously. Gently she reached out to pet the cat, and much to her excitement the cat closed her eyes and leaned into Kitsurio's touch.

Gradually the cat moved closer until Kitsurio held her in her lap. She was finally close enough to read the cat's name tag. "Alpine?" She read aloud. The cat meowed in response.

It was then that the door opened and Bucky returned. "Hey, I'm back- oh shit Alpine didn't kill you?"

She smiled. "No, it took two cat treats but we're buddies now."

He laughed and set down the drinks he was holding as Alpine decided she was tired of being pet and strutted away.

"I didn't want to risk getting you something caffeinated, and they didn't have any bottled juice, so I stopped the Jamba juice next door." He handed her a pink colored smoothie. "It's uh, Pineapple, strawberry, banana, mango, coconut, or some bullshit like that."

She looked at him with big puppy eyes. "You didn't have to do that! That was so nice!"

Unbeknownst to her, he felt a flutter in his chest. She was so damned cute. He decided to evade her appreciation and changed the subject. "You wanna go to your apartment?"

She scrunched her nose. "Can we wait a while? I don't think my roommates have left yet. I don't want to explain everything to them. A nap also sounds nice right now." She smiled hopefully.

He drank some of his coffee as if he were trying to decide whether or not to approve her request. "Alright. If you're not awake by noon I'm waking you up."

She drank half of her juice before getting under the blanket and closing her eyes. She was in and out of sleep for a while. The bed was uncomfortable and she couldn't stay asleep.

Bucky heard her whining in her sleep and sat beside her. "You okay, Kitsu?" He asked as he gently placed his metal hand on her shoulder.

Being half asleep and now used to sleeping beside Aizawa, she clutched onto his shirt and curled against him. He tensed and planned to move away from her, but when he saw her drift back into sleep, he decided to stay there. He told himself it was just because he didn't want to wake her up. That was the only reason... right?

After that, she slept soundly for a few hours. It was around 11 when she finally woke up again. She was cuddled up to Bucky, who was now laying on his back, with her head on his chest. His metal arm was wrapped around her, fingertips gently holding her side where her shirt had ridden up and exposed her skin. He was still awake, looking at something on his phone.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled as she lifted her head. "I tend to gravitate towards warmth when I sleep."

He sat up as she shuffled away from him. It was hard to not be touching each other as the bed was only a full size. "It's okay. I didn't mind."