"Okay but seriously, where are we?"

      He held out his hand to her. "Come find out."

      She accepted his help and exited the car, her fingers lacing together with Frank's. As they approached a certain house, he told her,

      "In all of my relationships, you're the one I've been the most real with. I want you to know the real me more than anything. Just try not to make fun of him."

      Karmen hummed. "I'll do my best." She flashed him a grin as they reached the front door. Frank opened the door, releasing her hand and instead holding the small of her back. Her eyes immediately scanned the home full of people, boisterous talking ringing in her ears.

      "Ma! We're here!"

      Her head snapped towards Frank. Ma? She re-evaluated the crowd of people, realizing they were Frank's family. Her heart swelled at the fact that he was trusting her with this side of him. Suddenly, a woman with poofy hair appeared in front of them.

      "Finally!" She exclaimed with a heavy Italian accent. She took one glance at Karmen before lighting up with joy.

      "Aha! And you've brought Karmen with you."

      She wondered if Frank's mother knew her by name because of Mr. Delfino or by Frank. Either way, she was slightly flattered.

      "She's showing a lot less cleavage than the last girl, so we're off to a good start." His mother stated, causing the blonde to raise a brow at Frank, who shrugged. Karmen turned to Mrs. Delfino.

      "Hi, it's nice to meet you."

      "Oh, you too, sweetie. Come here." Frank's mother joined their hands, bringing Karmen closer into the house.

      "Everyone, this is Frank's girlfriend, Karmen. This is Dino, Lou, Joey, Teresa, Angie, Brandi, Danny, and some other guy who's always eating my food." She introduced the family members joyfully. A thought soon popped in her mind: Frank has more family members in one room than family I've known in my entire life. It's...different. She then led her into a hallway where Frank's father was.

      "Ah, Karmen! Here I thought I was never gonna get to see ya again."

      She smiled. "Good to see you again, Mr. Delfino."

      "Yeah. Hey, you hungry?"

      She hesitated. "Yes?"

      He waved his hand. "Yeah, you're hungry. Come on, you're gonna sit next to me."

      With a beam on her face, Karmen followed Mr. Delfino to the table where she was seated right next to Frank's father.

      He leaned over to her. "You know, my wife, she's not that good a cook, but we know how to pour the booze."

      Karmen laughed, watching as Frank greeted his relatives before sitting down right across from her. She was poured a glass of alcohol, which she raised when Mr. Delfino called a toast. She drank, eyes locking with Frank. She hoped he could see how happy she was.

      Throughout the night she listened to countless stories, learned plenty about Frank's family, and overall had an amazing time. At one point, questions fell on the couple.

      "So, last time we met, you and Frank weren't official. When did that change?" Mr. Delfino asked, to which the two paused. 

      "Well..." she trailed off, unsure. They had the back and forth phone calls, then the times where her and Frank only saw each other for a day before he left again. When exactly did their relationship become 'official'?