✧ 009 ✧

DAN-I WOKE UP in a cold sweat

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

Eyes wide in both horror and distress as she tried to calm her erratic heart. She let her shaky gaze roam across her room, before falling on her pink uniform hanging by her closet, the pictures she and her friends took, and the picture of her best friend; all placed by her study table--the place where they were supposed to be.

The brunette let out a relieved sigh, drawing out the breath that she's been unconsciously holding. Her trembling hands trying desperately to grasp the phone right by her nightstand.

Dialing Aera's number, the loud sound of ringing was the only source of noise in the silent room, the pitter-patter of the rain devalued to mere whispers. The whole country still sound asleep with the time being close to three in the morning.

"Dan-I-ah"

It took five constant beeps before the person on the other end of the line had answered. Her voice was muddled, making it painstakingly obvious that she just woke up.

Finally hearing the voice of her friend, the brunette finally felt the worry leaving her system, as she started to internalize that her friend was there, on the other end of the phone, breathing and existing.

Dan-I unconsciously stayed still for a moment; relishing in the soft breaths Aera was making. Her mind desperately grasping the fact that she was there.

A few moments passed, and the brunette finally made a noise; a gentle chuckle coming out passed her lips as she heard a yawn from the other line. Any possible guilt of waking up her supposed night owl friend being overruled by her own selfish desire to make sure Aera came back.

After a few more moments of silence, the person on the other end finally spoke up;

"Is something wrong, Dan-I-ah?"

Aera asked with subtle worry lacing her tone. It was out of character for Dan-I to suddenly call her, especially in the middle of the night. The only ones that would sometimes, was Ji-Ho; talking the other girl's ear out every time things got a little too hard at home. The other two--Eunhyung and Chunyoung would choose to come by her empty house instead; she knew about their trauma of the rain, and thus welcomed them with no hesitation when the two didn't want to be alone.

In fact, that night, the two boys were at the guest room beside her own room, doing god knows what. She always offered to stay with them, but the two, knowing how much the silver-head valued her sleep, begrudgingly let her go.

At the moment, she could hear faint sounds of game sound effects coming across her room; but chose to tune them out as she focused her attention on her friend on the other line.

"Dan-I-ah?" She called out once more, now in a sitting position as she let her head lay on the headboard.

Breaking out of her trance, the brunette shook her head, despite knowing that Aera couldn't see the gesture.