2; Zasha

It's freezing, the winter cold nipping at her entire being

      It's freezing, the winter cold nipping at her entire being. The small boat does nothing for her as she stares at the tundra ahead of her. It would be the last place he'd look for her, the last place any of them would look for Grisha. The mountains seem to mock her, the place Grisha wouldn't look for her, but Druskelle would. She swore only a year ago she'd never step foot on the snow without Aleksander, without a mission. Now Aleksander was her mission. 

      She's so used to being able to heat herself up, but she knows if she dare tries in front of the Druskelle manning the ship she'd be sentenced to trial before she could utter a word. Fjerda gains closer and closer, Mashka rubs her hands together to gain some friction. 

       Someone calls that they're about to port, taking in a large gulp of air she pulls the fur of her hood around her tighter. Her Kefta forgotten, along with her life. Her name, her clothes, her abilities, her love all gone. Sometimes along the trip she wondered if she had decided to leave sooner if she would face the same cold, but she blames herself for wanting a winter wedding. 

        When they dock the movement causes her to shiver even further. With a newfound sense of dread she picks up her skirt , hiking the small bag she left with over her shoulder. She doesn't accept the hand that offers her assistance on the walkway. Instead she tries to hold back the urge to run, to scream, to cause all of their hearts to seize. Walking forward she finds a woman, blonde, tall, helping a small child outside of a shop. 

"Pardon me, may I ask for directions."  she's thankful for picking up Fjerdan in the little palace years ago. 

        The woman looks up at Mashka with a small frown when she takes in the state of her. "Djel woman! You look as if you're to catch your death."  Her accent is so thick Mashka has a hard time getting everything she says. 

"I need a place to stay, an inn?" Mashka pulls her cape around her tighter. 

         The blonde shakes her head, wrapping an arm around her she ushers her along a path. "I run the inn down the road, come." 

"Thank you." She means it, whilst she's never been friendly with the Fjerdan, she would do just about anything to get out of the cold. 

        Moving her hands up her arms the woman tries to get some warmth to the two of them. "My names Oksana." 

"Zasha." 

       Smiling Oksana opens up the door to the inn, Mashka almost cries at the sight of a fireplace in front of her. "Welcome to Fjerda Zasha." 

        Oksana scowls when she opens the door to Mashka's room. "Zasha! We have guests." 

         With a jump Mashka clutches a hand to her heart. Looking to the door Oksana frowns at the sight of her in such a state. "One moment Oksana."