CHAPTER TEN

Laura walked back and forth at the filming set cafeteria. Her heart was in trouble. She ran out an idea on how to keep Taylor as hers. Their divorce day was getting closer. In fact, it was one month away. Laura felt scared. She did not want to lose her wife. Even though she and Taylor have been sleeping together almost every night and getting more and more intimate physically, however, Taylor on the other hand, getting further and further emotionally distant. Laura was confused and didn't know what else to do.

"Hey Pre. Why don't you sit down and tell us what's going on inside of the head of yours?" Natasha suggested after her eyes were tired following Laura's every movement for the past 15 minutes.

"Yeah, that's right." Yael agreed.

"Laura Prepon?!"

"Yes, oh, sorry. Okay, okay." Laura finally seated in front of them.

"So?"

"Before I tell you guys, I need you to promise that this matter will stay with you only. You cannot tell other people.... even your family members, deal?"

"Wow! This must be a serious matter, right?" Natasha inhaled and exhaled deep breath.

"Guys? I need your word."

"Okay, deal." Yael said.

"I promise." Natasha also gave Laura assurance.

"Taylor and I have been married for two and a half years." Laura blurted. Natasha and Yael froze. The two women looked at her in disbelief.

"Ma-married? Schilling.... two and a half years?" Natasha choked.

"Yes. Taylor is my wife."

"How did you and her got married at the first place?" It was Yael turn to ask a question. Laura took a bit longer explaining how she and Taylor forced to married to each other.

"And why is it now you decide to tell us?" Asked Natasha.

"Because I need your help guys."

"Why?" Yael furrowed.

"Because according to our agreement, we will be divorcing next month, which is as soon as the filming of OITNB is completed. I don't want to divorce Taylor."

"Why? you are a straight woman." Natasha confused.

"I love her." Laura no longer wanted to denied the feeling that bubbling inside her heart.

"W-what?"

"I love her. I knew I always love her, but I am too stubborn to admit that."

"Then, why don't you tell her? If I guess right, I think Schilling too is in love with you."

"It's not easy okay. She used to love me and now I am not so sure about it. Because I think she likes the billionaire more than she likes me. Plus, Taylor didn't believe me anymore."

"What have you done that make her did not believe you anymore?"

"Hmmm...." Laura sighed. "The next morning after I consummated our marriage last year, I told her it was a mistake because I am a straight woman."

"Wow Pre, you mess pretty bad here." Natasha shakes her head in disbelief. "If I am Taylor, I also couldn't believe you anymore."

"Have you tell Taylor that you love her?" Asked Natasha.

"Aahh... not yet."

"Why? Maybe she will trust you if you tell her, don't you think?"

"I cannot.... I am afraid... if she will be rejecting me. I don't think I can bear the pain."