Chapter 2

"For once, stop and thank yourself for how far you've come.
You've been trying to make changes in your life and all your effort counts."
*********

When Martha and her brother got out of the batmobile, they saw Bruce's butler, or servant in Damian's words. They stood in front of him, accessing him.

"Welcome back sir." Alfred spoke when they got out of the batmobile. "I assume they're the young lady and man of whom you spoke?"

"Hello, Pennyworth. I've heard of you." Damian responded to his question.

"At your service Master Damian." Alfred said, bowing to him. He turned to Martha's direction. "At your service Mistress Martha."

Martha nodded, while Damian looked around. "Where are the rest of the servants?" Damian asked. Martha hit him in his arm for being inconsiderate, while Damian ignored her.

"I am the sum total." Alfred answered the ten year old.

"You only have one servant?" Damian asked his father. Martha, once again, hit his arm, adding a glare.

"He's not a servant. He's a friend." Batman answered.

"Hmm." Damian hummed. He walked towards the batcomputer. With everyone's focus on him, Martha walked towards where the vigilante costumes were. "So this is the fabled Batcave." Damian started. "Grandfather told me all about it." Damian sat in the chair in front of the batcomputer and looked at the screen, analyzing it. He turned the chair, facing the adults. "Smaller than I imagined. Very efficient, though." He said, bringing his clasped hands in front of him.

Meanwhile, Martha was looking at the 'costumes.' She didn't know why, but most of them disgusted her. They didn't look right, except one or two, and she wanted to fix whatever was wrong. But she didn't know what was wrong and if she did, she wouldn't know how to fix it. But if there was one thing she knew for sure, was that the first Robin's costume bugged her the most. Those 'pants' were shorter than any shorts she had ever seen. The fact that someone wore that, willingly, disturbed her.

Damian came not too long ago and looked at one of the Robin's costumes. Grayson's. "Looks rather effeminate, don't you think?" For the first time there, Martha didn't hit him for his comments.

Alfred came to his defense. "Master Dick was a boy when he wore that."

"Where is he now?" Damian asked.

"Moved on. And so shall we. Would you like to see where you'll be sleeping?" Alfred said when he got to where the two were. He had his hand on their backs, guiding them but not pushing them, towards the entrance/exit of the Batcave.

He went to Damian's room first and opened the door. "I hope this isn't too cramp for you." He started pointing to the doors in the room. "That door heads to your bath. The other, to a game room. And you also have this for your amusement." Alfred said, referring to the tv in his room. "Naturally, you have the run of the mansion."

"Of course. I know that." Damian answered. "Prepare some tea, Pennyworth. "Brown sugar instead of white, fresh-cut lemon, a china cup."

"Perhaps Master would like some warm mixed nuts." Alfred started while Damian started to walk towards the chaise in his room. "And a moist hand towel."

"Watch yourself, Pennyworth. I'm not so young that I don't understand sarcasm." Damian told him.

"While I am much too old to care." Alfred said, turning the tv off. He got Martha and led her to the room right next to Damian's. "Just like Master Damian's room, that door heads to your bath. The other, to a game room. You will find that you share a game room." Martha nodded at the older man. "Would you like anything before I go down to make Master Damian's tea, Mistress Martha.?" Alfred asked her.