19 -FAMILY FRIENDS

Start from the beginning

*

Asiya sat down idly in her room, she was tired of being the only person in the house. Abdulsamad traveled back to Kano, Nura took Mama to a friend's house, Rahma is in school, and her father went on a business trip.

Not knowing what to do after she finished munching on the milk cake she made, the girl opened the bedside drawer and brought out her diary. She smiled, knowing that it'll keep her busy for some time before Nura and the rest come back. She opened the diary that already contained a pen inside and started scribbling the events that transpired for the past two weeks.

Dear Diary,
Once again, I am here to spill my deepest secrets. As usual, you know I am writing this because of Ahmad. I just can't seem to get him out of my head, he's so annoying and wicked. Can you imagine he texted me early in the morning, telling me to come out, only to scare me with a big dog after I did so? Who does that? Only mean people do. And yet, he dares call himself my best friend. Who scares their best friend like that?

Also, he's so domineering. He thinks that the world revolves around him just because he's rich so he can control everybody. Ugly jerk! Alright, I admit that he's a little handsome and hot but he's cold-hearted. I wonder where he inherited that arrogance because his parents are nice and they are nothing like him.

As for Salim, the man is just so simple and cool. He's also handsome in his way and his buoyant nature is fascinating. Salim and Ahmad are opposites but I wonder how they still manage to hit it off as friends...

The buzzing of her phone interrupted her. She groaned and checked the caller ID. She clicked on the answer button and almost immediately, Fatima's voice boomed through the phone's speaker.

"My crush asked for friendship,"

"Don't damage my eardrums," Asiya groaned.

"Alright, so Ya Muhammad asked if we could be friends earlier today," said an ecstatic Fatima.

"Really? Are you serious?" Asiya questioned happily.

Fatima told them about her crush on Hammad some months ago, Asiya became delighted that at least one of her best friends is one step away from dating her dream guy.

"Of course I am," Fatima then narrated all that occurred.

"Wow! I must say that you are one lucky girl," Asiya shrilled.

"I am so excited," Fatima said and sighed dreamily.

"You must be," She agreed.

"Anyway we'll resuming school next week so get ready. I checked our results and luckily, we've both been promoted to two hundred-level," Fatima yelled enthusiastically and this time around, Asiya didn't stop her. Instead, she joined her and they screamed together.

"Thank you so much for this news Teem, I owe you," Asiya smiled abundantly.

"Don't thank me, girl. Let me call Latifa and give her the gist," Fatima ended the call without waiting for Asiya's reply. The latter sighed and smiled, still wondering why Ahmad is different from all his family members. She closed her diary and placed it back inside the drawer then strode to the bathroom to take a shower and perform ablution.